AVP/Commercial Loan Officer
Red Canoe Credit Union
Contact: Jennifer Drew
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
|EVALUATE LOAN APPLICATIONS. Interview applicants, gather required information, and explain transaction details such as rates, fees, terms and collateral requirements. Analyze credit reports, financial statements and tax returns to determine financial standing. Compile, verify and request additional information as needed to prepare a written presentation outlining strengths/weaknesses, establish risk rating and make recommendation for approval or adverse action within the established policy guidelines. Ensure timely and thorough monitoring of loan portfolio. Conduct annual reviews on existing loans and update risk rating, if necessary.||
|ACCOUNTS & OTHER SERVICES. Responsible for origination of business deposit relationships, business account growth and related processes. Must possess the knowledge and ability to promote related products such as: Check Express (remote deposit capture), business bill pay and merchant services. Cross sell other credit union products/services in an effort to obtain entire relationship and maintain frequent contact with target business member base to expand member relationships, ensure member retention and meet financial goals and objectives for the designated area and the credit union.||20%|
|MARKETING. Participate in business development in the communities in which the assigned branches are located by participating with community organizations and activities who enhance the credit union image and brand. Conduct outreach to individual businesses and perform outside sales calls. Maintain strong relationships within the assigned branch network to assist in targeted branch growth and profitability.||30%|
|COORDINATE PROCESSING AND CLOSING.– Ensure each loan is promptly and properly prepared, documented, approved, processed and disbursed. Duties include coordination of ordering and reviewing title reports, preparing request for loan documents, reviewing documents for accuracy, obtaining verification of insurance, coordinating loan signing, funding and lien follow-up. Coordinate closing loan activities with borrower, business lending staff and title company, if applicable.||
|COMPLIANCE. Observe policies and procedures to ensure compliance with credit union goals and objectives. Possess a thorough understanding of all rules and regulations associated with business lending as dictated by the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions (DFI), Washington Administrative Code (WAC) and the National Credit Union Association (NCUA).||5%|
OTHER BASIC DUTIES:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and simultaneously and effectively manage and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently and make necessary detailed decisions
- Answer business lending inquiries and provide accurate information on Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Maintain monthly pipeline/prospect report for Director of Business Lending.
- Discuss proposed loans with the Director of Business Lending, Chief Lending Officer, and/or Business Loan Committee to obtain preliminary approval prior to proceeding with underwriting process. Obtain final approval before loan closing, per policy.
- Participate in, and/or conduct, site visits of commercial properties.
- Prepare complete credit presentation for review and approval by the Director of Business Lending and/or Business Loan Committee.
- Communicate approval or Adverse Action of business loans to business member.
- Maintain ongoing relationship with borrower.
- Participate in collection activity of business loans.
- Participate in an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork to maintain and improve staff relations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be bondable.
- Must meet schedule and deadline commitments.
- Demonstrate excellent speaking and writing skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Ability to prioritize, organizes, and works independently.
- Ability to handle the urgencies and complexities commensurate with the position, arriving at constructive solutions and maintaining positive relationships.
- Must possess a competitiveness to make loans and meet goals.
- Projects a professional image and neat appearance.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or in a related field preferred; or equivalent professional experience.
- Two to five years experience as a Commercial/Business Loan Officer.
- Strong credit underwriting skills.
- Ability to read English by sight; and, both speak and write English.
- Ability to hear by telephone and in person.
This positions reports directly to the Director of Business Lending. May have day-to-day contact with employees, supervisors, management team, credit union members, board of directors, vendors and representatives of outside organizations.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL, PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- General: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Ability to travel by air and other public/private transportation in order to visit a variety of employer locations in the community and across the nation. Ability to meet with small and large groups of people in order to effectively present the benefits of Red Canoe members, and to effectively answer questions.
- Physical: Office mobility required. Approximately 20% standing, 70% sitting, 10% walking, as need demands. Possess sufficient manual dexterity (e.g. fingering, carrying, etc.) to skillfully operate standard office equipment including a computer or typewriter keyboard, 10-key calculator, facsimile machine, photocopier and telephone. Other demands include talking, handling & reaching; seeing (corrected vision) and hearing in normal range. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Occasional light lifting. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Periodic inter-branch or interdepartmental access may be required, including for distribution and access to various materials, equipment, meetings, etc. Storage and retrieval of materials, maximum reach required is 84 inches.
- Mental: Mental effort required involving considerable organization, planning and analytical efforts with superior communication. General demands include: alertness, memory, observation, empathy, ingenuity, learning ability, problem solving; patience; initiative; memory; objectivity, creativity, speaking ability, reading and writing ability, judgment, persuasiveness, concentration, flexibility, precision, and auditory discrimination.
- Minimal discomfort from heat, dust, air conditioning. The noise level is usually moderate, including external road noise. Transport within remote branch and/or main office/facility may be single or multilevel (as required) including a variety of stairways, elevators, etc. Exposure to computer and other electronic equipment. Lunch/break area exposed to microwave; and, is located in basement at main office. Facility is 100% free of tobacco smoke.
- Essential equipment used includes, but may not be limited to: telephone, personal computer, other on-line computer terminal(s), calculator, and office security systems. Non-essential equipment generally includes paper shredder, typewriter, photocopy machine, microfilm machine, facsimile (fax) machine, etc.