Assistant Vice President of Operations
Providence Federal Credit Union
Contact: Shirley Cate
Phone: (503) 215-6090
The AVP of Operations focuses on day-to-day Operations as it relates to Branch Operations, Member Relationship Management and Multiple Member Channels. This position works along side the AVP of Finance, AVP of Lending and the AVP of Technology and reports directly to the President / CEO of the Credit Union.
– Overseeing Multiple Departments.
– Prioritizing multiple tasks
- Oversee the personnel management of the Branches and Membercare including participating in personnel events from hiring to termination, communicating job expectations to staff, evaluating performance against communicated expectations on a constant basis, providing continual coaching and guidance, and counseling as needed.
- Work with direct reports on the Training and Development Plans and review plans, conduct monthly check-in’s with direct reports and develop and follow through with personal and professional objectives.
- Oversee and be knowledgeable of all aspects of daily operations. These could include: teller transactions and member service functions, opening and closing procedures, control of cash levels and the adequate supply of inventory.
- Traveling to and from branch offices/markets for meetings, check-in’s, community events as needed.
- Lead the Relationship Building and Sales function setting the example and tone for the Providence Credit Union Brand.
- Ensure that members are receiving a high level of service. Develop and maintain close relationships with SEGs, vendors, and other business partners.
- Communicate to direct reports goals and work diligently and creatively with the Managers to set staff‘s individual goals.
- Continually monitor performance and action plans, as needed to meet goals.
- Prepare monthly reports and other statistical reports as required. Meet on a monthly basis with the President / CEO to discuss market performance.
- Develops, implements, and manages programs, procedures, systems, personnel and metrics to effect operational improvements.
- Promote awareness of PFCU through involvement in community organizations and volunteering.
- Maintain a position of trust and responsibility by keeping all employee information and member business confidential and in a secured location.
- Assist President / CEO with additional duties as assigned.
- Assumes the responsibility for ensuring that specified areas of operations are in compliance with its written policies and procedures, as well as in compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and that proper quality control processes are observed.
- Collaboratively participates with the credit union senior management team in strategic planning and asset liability management.
- Knowledge of ACH / EFT networks from back office to member facing.
- Participates in budgeting process; Provides cost effective services and maintains a focus on the organization’s financial goals; regularly monitors expenditures and searches for new methods to minimize costs without sacrificing quality and service.
- Provides exceptional member service: responds promptly to internal and external members, promotes teamwork, and conveys a willingness to assist and cooperate with others for the benefit of the organization.
- Provides assistance, direction, and supervision as needed, including guidance for all department staff.
- Serves as active member of the department – participates in project meetings, evaluates department processes and recommends efficiencies.
- Stays informed of trends, developments, and regulatory changes in Financial Services Department function to include, but not all inclusive: Bank Secrecy, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC, Regulation CC, Truth in Savings, Truth in Lending, Regulation E, and Customer Identification Program.
- Ensure team is well trained, optimally scheduled, and effective. Appropriate training and assistance are provided as needed.
- Be available after hours for trouble shooting and support of systems.