Assistant Manager of Deposit Operations
Unitus Community Credit Union
At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. As part of our Deposit Operations team, the Assistant Manager will provide leadership and support to ensure our commitment for unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents.
- Provide support to internal and external members. Perform complex transactions and oversee processing of critical functions including Bank Secrecy Act, ACH, legal process, account corrections, wires, returned deposited items, IRAs, tax reporting, loan payoffs, subpoenas and account research, and share drafts.
- Ensure a successful service culture through hiring, coaching, observations, and quality reviews. Provide proactive support to staff, including through training, and approval and escalation support. Assist in evaluating dividual performance of direct reports. Forecast workloads and prepare schedules.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in a wide range of deposit operations topics that include all areas supported by the Deposit Operations Support Specialist team. Continuously develop additional knowledge to ensure expertise in all areas of operations as needed. Maintain current knowledge of procedures, products and services to ensure accurate and reliable service to members.
- Develop and write internal communications to include procedures and procedure manuals, staff bulletins, and member communication. Identify and implement process improvements. Support and/or lead project initiatives.
- Additional duties as needed. Saturday rotation may be required.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least three years of credit union or banking experience with knowledge and experience in a wide range of deposit and lending financial products. Ability to handle complex branch operations analysis and decisions that fall outside of standard models, making sound override and exception decisions.
- Experience guiding others in resolution of technical procedures and/or policies, problem resolution, and other basic skills needed to lead others effectively
- Strong knowledge of credit union and/or banking products and services and ability to present, explain, refer and troubleshoot product and service offerings to members
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including effective listening, speaking and writing
- Experience in a retail branch environment and lead or supervisory experience preferred, not required.
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing!
For immediate consideration, apply online at www.unitusccu.com.
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment based on race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.