Assistant Manager – Consumer Lending (Residential Equity Dept.)
Unitus Community Credit Union
The Assistant Manager – Consumer Lending provides a full range of daily operations support that includes direction, guidance, training, and coaching of consumer lending staff to ensure our commitment for unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. This individual may be assigned direct support for specialized member lending portfolios, risk assessment processes or programs (employee loans), and department initiatives. They review loan files for complete and accurate data collection, classification and accounting, and compliance with program guidelines and Federal, State, Credit Union, and Agency regulations and requirements. They may also perform underwriting and provides exceptional member sales and service support by helping match member needs to appropriate loan programs and responding to member applications and inquiries regarding consumer loan programs.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field, or equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in one or a combination of the following: consumer or equity loan underwriting, processing, origination, or closing.
- Requires prior experience in successfully delivering on-the-job training and assisting others in developing job-related skills.
- A minimum of two years of consumer loan underwriting experience desired.
- Lead or supervisory experience preferred.
- Well-developed analytical skills and highly effective project and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word
- Ability to conduct needs assessments, identify problems, develop solutions and take appropriate course of action.
- Ability to learn and apply people management and coaching skills, basic employment law policies and best practices.
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing! Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents.
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be given full consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.