Unitus Community Credit Union
Region: Downtown Portland
Contact: Human Resources
At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. As part of our Contact Center team, the Assistant Manager will provide a full range of leadership and operational support to ensure our commitment for unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents.
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills. Coach and develop employees, conduct needs assessments that identify problems, develop solutions, and take appropriate course of action. Observe and analyze department and individual performance, provide feedback and assistance to staff and create and implement action plans.
- Proactively assist members. Follow through to resolve member requests and challenges. Act as a resource for others for account reviews and overrides, approvals and transactional exceptions. Provide support, guidance and advice to employees for issue resolution, clarification, escalation diffusion, and a variety of complex issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of all procedures, products and services, and processes offered by the credit union to ensure accurate and reliable service to members, including referrals and/or sales to fulfill the financial needs of our members. Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive accuracy and efficiency.
- Collaborate with Contact Center Manager to identify staff training needs and conduct regular staff briefings for operational and financial services educational topics. Present procedural updates or changes including preparing job materials, leading team meetings, and department presentations.
- Additional duties as needed.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or related equivalent work experience
- At least 4 years of credit union or banking call center experience in a wide range of call center productivity statistics, service levels, and the systems to manage these.
- Experience guiding others in resolution of technical procedures and/or policies, problem resolution, and other basic skills needed to lead others effectively
- Strong knowledge of credit union and/or banking products and services and ability to present, explain, refer and troubleshoot product and service offerings to members
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including effective listening, speaking and writing
- Prior management experience in a call center environment is a plus
- Fluency in Spanish is also a plus
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing!
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment based on race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.
For immediate consideration, apply online at www.unitusccu.com.