Advantis Credit Union
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational oversight and management of the accounting team, which includes fixed assets, accounts payable, loan accounting and general ledger reconciliations.
- Promotes a positive, collaborative and high performing work environment and Advantis’ One Team philosophy.
- Provides leadership for the Accounting team. Supports training, development, and mentorship; develops a team of motivated, results-oriented individuals
- Assists the Controller with management of month end close including assisting with review of the financial statements for accuracy and compliance with GAAP.
- Keeps informed of changes in accounting principles and industry trends as they affect the credit union.
- Serves as the primary back up to the Controller and provides a high level of engagement with other Credit Union team members across various departments.
- Acts as back up to other positions as needed.
- A minimum of six years’ experience in Financial Accounting.
- Two or more years’ experience in a leadership position in a financial institution Accounting Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial accounting, all accounting functions, credit union policies, products and services.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills with an ability to develop employees. Capacity to work well with others and to resolve issues effectively.
- Ability to maintain high standards in areas of accuracy, thoroughness, completeness and neatness of documentation, system input, correspondence, system upgrades and system testing.
- Proficient in the use of the internet, MS Office products, particularly Excel, Accounting programs and other software programs applicable for the position. Ability to quickly learn new technology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to act independently with minimum direction.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers value with every interaction. We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun.
We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home. If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
What is it like to work at Advantis? Watch our video click here
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.