Assistant Branch Manager
Unitus Community Credit Union
Region: Portland, OR
At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. As part of the team at our Mall 205 branch, the Assistant Branch Manager will provide leadership, direction, guidance and coaching to ensure unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents.
- Proactively assist our membership to enhance their experience with the credit union through branch sales and service activities. Follow through to resolve member requests and challenges.
- Provide support, guidance and advice to employees for issue resolution, clarification, escalation diffusion, override/escalation and a variety of other moderately complex branch issues. Serve as backup to the Branch Manager.
- Complete daily operational tasks such as cash controls, lobby management, and daily, monthly, and quarterly operation audits.
- Provide input to management regarding individual performance reviews and staff hiring decisions.
- Collaborate with the Branch Manager to identify staff training needs and conduct regular staff briefings for operational and financial services educational topics. Present procedural updates or changes.
- Additional duties as needed.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or related equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of credit union or banking branch experience with knowledge and experience in a wide range of deposit and lending financial products.
- Basic skills to lead others effectively, including experience guiding others in resolution of procedures and/or policies and problem resolution
- Strong knowledge of credit union and/or banking products and services and ability to present, explain and refer products and services to members
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including effective listening, speaking and writing
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing!
For immediate consideration, visit www.unitusccu.com to apply.
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment based on race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.