Assistant Branch Manager – Bellingham, WA
Region: Pacific Northwest
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Performs all functions of a Branch Manager in his/her absence.
– Involved with hiring, hands on training, evaluating, scheduling, and, when appropriate, discharging branch employees.
– Assists in maintaining consistency in branch coverage.
– Contributes to the organization’s mission statement and goals by providing the highest quality of service, treating each person professionally – with warmth, courtesy and respect, cross-selling additional services, and making a personal effort to make members feel they belong and are important to the credit union.
– Employs sound judgement, maintains knowledge of and, using decision-making skills, adheres to all standards on internal and external policies and procedures and BSA regulations.
– Facilitates consistent communication, as well as department meetings, to disseminate pertinent information and discuss operations methods and opportunities.
– Partners with the Branch Manager to ensure staff are well trained and have the support they need to perform their duties; regularly coaching staff to meet the expectations of their role and deliver the highest quality of member service possible
– Understands and complies with security procedures at all times.
– Ensures that facility is properly maintained and all equipment works properly.
– Submits to appropriate government officials all information required by law or requested from the board of directors.
– Partners with the Branch Manager in directing sales and service activities to ensure annual employee and department goals are met and relationships with current and potential members are maximized.
– Listens to member and staff needs, articulates what those needs are, and find solutions to these needs.
– Builds and maintains trusting relationships to achieve goals and accomplish tasks by recognizing and utilizing the strengths of a team.
– Partners in business development efforts, including calling on area companies & developing business relationships.
– Works with Retail leadership to develop policies and procedures directly applicable to the Retail teams and communicates relevant product/service/policy information to staff.
– Assists Retail Management with researching and developing new processes and procedures directly applicable to the Retail team.
– Encourages and inspires team unity, commitment and trust. Facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to solve problems and accomplish goals.
– Tracks staff performance to identify trending and coaching opportunities.
– Counsels members with any escalated problems that cannot be handled by non-exempt staff. Once resolution is achieved is responsible for conducting necessary training and coaching of staff.
– Ensures the protection of the credit union’s interests in matters of adequate documentation and adherence to credit union policy and various laws and regulations as well as the exercise of sound credit decisions.
– Opens, operates and closes computer terminal to accurately post transactions, access account information, and generally update member account transactions and information.
– Obtain and maintain your appointment as a Washington State Notary Public.
– Act as a STAMP guarantor for the purpose of executing guarantees of signatures.
– Participates in and promotes community service projects and builds relationships with civic and community leaders.
– Responsible for, but not limited to the following marketing responsibilities: lobby art, Clarke American checking products, dress code, branch office lobby monitoring, Angel Tree, grovel grams, member comments/letters, holiday decorations, Youth Week, magazine subscriptions for branches, stickers, dog treats, Costco visits, interior color and design.
– Effectively incorporates concepts of Deliver Value, Create Loyalty in daily behaviors and interactions with both internal and external members.
– Performs duties of a Loan officer or Teller when needed.
– Meets or exceeds all behavioral standards of a WECU employee.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
– High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus one to three years’ related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. – Relevant training in a credit union, bank or other financial institution preferred or any documented work experience which provides the candidate with equivalent knowledge and/or experience of the above minimum requirements.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
– Complete working familiarity with the credit union’s computer system, including input and output functions, general ledger account knowledge, balancing daily work, and training personnel in the appropriate usage of the computer system in their assigned tasks.
– Skilled in software used in credit union such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
– A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact.
– Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
– Work may involve motivating or influencing others.
– Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities, companies and/or individuals becomes necessary.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
– Ability to operate general office machines and equipment such as photocopier, fax, adding machine and computer.
– Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhausted lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.
WECU is a not for profit financial cooperative where members are encouraged to save and borrow responsibly at fair and competitive rates. Headquartered in Bellingham, WA, WECU has 11 branches, over 77,600 members, and over a billion dollars in assets.
It is WECU’s mission to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our members. We strive to treat both members and staff with honesty and integrity and to be a socially responsible part of our community. WECU also endeavors to be an employer of choice. WECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified individuals may apply via https://www.wecu.com/careers-at-wecu/