Assistant Branch Manager
Advantis Credit Union
The Assistant Branch Manager directs the effective and efficient performance of branch operations and will be well versed in coaching and support of Tellers and Member Advisors in the day-to-day operations of the branch. This role also handles a variety of complex customer and operational transactions requiring a high degree of expertise in specialized operational areas. Develops employees in branches and participates in a sales and service culture consistent with the credit union’s goal to deliver exceptional quality, expand member relationships, increase revenues, and build member base. Functions as manager of the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Effectively provides leadership to employees through being a positive role model, setting goals, coaching, performance reviews, hiring, training, and ongoing communication. Encourages teamwork and cooperation among all personnel.
- Maintains expertise in product knowledge, services, operations, policies and procedures and ensures that employees have a thorough knowledge of Advantis products and services, consultative selling skills, and member satisfaction objectives.
- Continually evaluates and improves process efficiencies and adjusts duties and workflows as needed. Communicates these adjustments effectively with branch staff.
- Ensures that employees support the organization’s member service objectives, and that members are served in an extraordinary manner to deliver on the Advantis brand promise. Ensures quick and appropriate responses to member requests.
- Resolves complex technical and operational problems referred via staff, members or management.
- Responsible for maintaining proper cash controls and ensure all branch transactions are balanced at the close of each day.
- Drives membership retention and relationship development at the branch.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with capacity to work well with others and to resolve problems effectively.
- 4+ years financial institution operations experience required.
- 1+ year(s) lending experience preferred.
- Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate branch operation plans with organizational strategy. Capable of establishing goals, forecasting staffing needs and determining infrastructure requirements.
- Strong computer skills with ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines for work completion.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction.
We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun. We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home.
If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you.
Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 86 years.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
For consideration, please apply online at www.advantiscu.org