Assistant Branch Manager
Advantis Credit Union
Region: Portland, OR
Contact: Human Resources
The Assistant Branch Manager (ABM) is responsible for supervision, employee development, and performance management of an assigned team within the Retail Branch. The ABM has thorough knowledge of the Credit Union policies, procedures, products, and services to assist employees and members with their inquiries and transactions. Responsibilities include mentoring and coaching employees, providing timely feedback and performance reviews, and assisting employees with questions and escalations. The ABM develops team members to deliver exceptional service quality, expand member relationships, increase revenues, and build member base consistent with the credit union’s goals and objectives. Functions as manager of the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Effectively provides leadership to employees through being a positive role model, setting goals, coaching, performance reviews, hiring, training, and ongoing communication. Encourages teamwork and cooperation among all personnel.
- Maintains expertise in product knowledge, services, operations, policies and procedures and ensures that employees have a thorough knowledge of Advantis products and services, consultative selling skills, and member satisfaction objectives.
- Continually evaluates and improves process efficiencies and adjusts duties and workflows as needed. Communicates these adjustments effectively with branch staff.
- Ensures that employees support the organization’s member service objectives, and that members are served in an extraordinary manner to deliver on the Advantis brand promise. Ensures quick and appropriate responses to member requests.
- Resolves complex technical and operational problems referred via staff, members or management.
- Responsible for maintaining proper cash controls and ensure all branch transactions are balanced at the close of each day.
- Maintains branch security.Opens and closes the building in accordance with set procedures.Ensures up-to-date compliance and security is communicated to all branch staff.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with capacity to work well with others and to resolve problems effectively.
- 4+ years financial institution operations experience required.
- 1+ year(s) lending experience preferred.
- Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (both written and oral) to communicate ideas effectively at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate branch operation plans with organizational strategy. Capable of establishing goals, forecasting staffing needs and determining infrastructure requirements.
- Ability to act independently with minimum supervision, exercising sound judgment in all decisions.
- Ability to maintain high standards in areas of security, accuracy, thoroughness, completeness and neatness of documentation, system input, correspondence and testing.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, particularly Word and Excel, and in the use of the Credit Union’s computer system for member account management. Must be technology savvy with the ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines for work completion.
- Flexibility to deal with unexpected events as well as attend meetings and events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction. We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals.
We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun. We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home. If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
What is it like to work at Advantis? Watch our video click here.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
To apply please visit our website at www.advantiscu.org or click on the link below