Assistant Branch Manager
iQ Credit Union
- Responsible for branch operations, audit quality, branch facilities and premises.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of the features and benefits of Credit Union services and of selling skills employing both to successfully cross-sell Credit Union services when assisting staff or members in any capacity.
- Supports Branch Manager in coaching and developing branch team to meet specific performance objectives in member service and operations.
- Ensure the branch maintains an adequate cash supply within the guidelines established by policy and internal audit.
- Ensure required audits and certifications, including alarm testing, are completed in timely manner.
- Implement and monitor standard security procedures, including safe deposit security. Ensure that robbery and security training are done on a quarterly basis and robbery packets are current at all times.
- In partnership with Branch Manager, leads activities and regular team meetings to achieve specific and measurable service and sales goals.
- Supports Branch Manager in completing monthly assessments to determine strengths and weaknesses of assigned staff, sharing strengths and creating improvement plans to overcome obstacles that hinder team objectives. Ensures risks are managed.
- Supports the Branch Manager in creating a service and sales environment within the branch based on Credit Union Operating Principles and Service Level Agreement.
- Back up personnel in work area as needed. Assist branch staff with member inquiries, problems and balancing as needed and ensure account errors and/or problems are resolved.
- Assist Branch Manager, as directed, in the hiring of all personnel in work area and ensure they are trained in all phases of their work assignment. Monitor job performance to ensure quality work and service to members. Conduct employee evaluations in accordance with Human Resource procedures.
- Ensure proper completion of documentation related to accounts, loans and safe deposit box operations.
- Actively participate in branch sales programs, Credit Union marketing campaigns and community events.
- Provide on-going coaching to staff regarding service and sales activities; referral pipeline, outbound calling and other established goals and activities.
- Promote exceptional performance; enhance service on the frontlines, support Branch Manager in addressing staffing levels and turnover, address underperforming employees; provide timely feedback and effective solutions.
- Demonstrate strong regulatory knowledge applicable to this position and understand and comply with government regulations with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US Patriot Act and related regulations.
- Actively participate and fulfill expectations in the Credit Union Email Security Awareness Program as outlined in the Information Security Program Acknowledgement document.
This position is subject to the SAFE Act Registration Requirements – You must register and remain in good standing with the Federal Registry System (NMLS) per the SAFE Act requirements. You will be required to submit to the SAFE Act background check and fingerprinting process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your continued employment and may cause immediate termination.