Applications Support Analyst
Remote in Oregon or Washington
Starting Pay Range: $33.50 – $38.90 per hour
Location: Eugene, Oregon; Remote work is a possibility in Oregon or Washington
OCCU is here to enrich lives. We do this by hiring tenacious, humble and big-hearted individuals who are driven to work hard; contribute to an outstanding member experience; support their community through volunteering and advocating for community needs and are dedicated to their own individual growth and development.
As an Applications Support Analyst, you will develop technical requirements, QA testing and maintain and monitor systems, perform root cause analysis and communicate with critical stakeholders. You will support existing services and applications, as well as new initiatives, working across multiple product lines, channels and technologies.
Every day you will:
- Ensure defects reported have “steps to reproduce” included to enable quick turnaround on defect reporting, testing and remediation.
- Coordinate and summarize Root Cause Analysis to identify trends and recommendations for improvements of recurring issues or problem areas with in-house Technology staff, vendors, and partners.
- Assign and maintain user access permissions to applications and assist in the maintenance of applications, including the 24 x 7 high-availability systems.
- Effectively communicate and work well with Infrastructure and supporting Technology teams across a distributed environment to drive problem resolution and proper service levels.
- Make certain all member support issues that come from email, phone, Service Now, chat, text and/or a live conversation are logged in the Service Desk system and/or credit union complaint log, following standard operating procedures for categorization and documentation of solutions.
- Ensure that agreed-upon escalation paths are used and documented to ensure the appropriate sense of urgency and transparency when major issues are in flight.
- Coordinate issue hand-off to vendor support where needed, which could be to the Developer, Infrastructure Engineer or vendor resource as needed.
- Work cross-functionally to document the end-to-end processing environment.
To thrive in this role you must have:
- A minimum of three years of demonstrated experience in technical production support roles, preferable within a financial services organization
- Demonstrated experience in handling communications across business and technology partners at varying levels across a medium-to large-scale enterprise
- Understanding of ITIL practices in Incident, Release and Change and Problem management
- Support or development of experience with current standard enterprise technologies, including virtualization, programming, web services and API integrations
- Demonstrated experience working in a multiple application support model
Networking knowledge (network protocols); demonstrated experience writing scripts, performing database queries, generating capacity and performance reports and working knowledge of client server architecture is helpful.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer