Starting Pay Range: $20.00 – $22.40 per hour
Location: Eugene, OR; Remote work a possibility
OCCU is here to enrich lives. We do this by hiring tenacious, humble and big-hearted individuals who are driven to work hard; contribute to an outstanding member experience; support their community through volunteering and advocating for community needs, and are dedicated to their own individual growth and development.
As an Ancillary Specialist you will assist other OCCU team members and members by providing assistance regarding ancillary products; administer the ancillary loan products including Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP), Major Mechanical Protection (MMP) and Payment Protection, as well as other member benefit programs such as Accidental Death & Dismemberment.
Every day you will:
- Support other team members by providing answers to technical questions about ancillary product features, requirements and procedures via phone calls, emails and Microsoft Teams. Technical assistance may include questions about products, claims, cancellations, vendor sites or error resolution, as well as other inquiries.
- Contact members directly if necessary and/or assist OCCU team members and management to clarify claims decisions, interpret vendor settlement calculations or resolve escalation by reviewing calls, contracts, or involving vendor when needed.
- Act as a liaison with vendors to resolve issues or questions about claims, website and vendor management. Provide suggestions, feedback, document revisions, and/or process improvements to vendor to enhance the experience and functionality for both the member and employee experience.
- Reconcile General Ledger(GL)s, which includes daily remittance, cancellation, claims, reconcile against webforms, post Non Interest Income (NII) to OCCU income GLs, communicate/resolve errors or pending sales with management.
- Verify that commission amounts on ancillary products are accurate.
- Research, contact insurance companies, gather supporting documentation, answer vendor follow-up questions, post claims to loans, communicate claims decisions to downstream departments such as MRS-Special Accounts or Credit Services, and perform weekly tracking/follow-up on older pending claims.
- Audit cancellation forms, coordinate error resolution with frontline staff and submit cancellations to vendors and track/post refunds.
- Track and communicate staff errors and help coordinate error resolution with appropriate parties.
- Utilize a variety of technical software programs to administer or support research pertaining to ancillary program. Transact upon and interpret loan and deposit account history, account maintenance, GL history, field maintenance, etc.
To thrive in this role, you must have:
- A minimum of one year experience in a similar role
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer