Advantis Credit Union
Region: Clackamas, OR
The Accounting Specialist processes all accounts payable duties for the Credit Union; provides backup support to other Accounting personnel including general Credit Union accounting functions, month end processing, general ledger, reconciliations, bank account research and special projects. This position requires basic understanding of Credit Union products and services to discuss features and benefits with members and co-workers and the ability to refer members to the appropriate department when necessary. This position will cross train on additional functions within the Accounting Department to provide support as needed.
- Maintains accounting functions and duties associated with accounts payable processes.
- Scans, organizes, and processes accounts payable information accurately.
- Processes employee payment requests and expense reimbursements.
- Balances daily branch deposits and cash levels.
- Posts general ledger vouchers in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reconciles and monitors activity in general ledger accounts.
- Prepares periodic entries including, but not limited to, reclassifications, accruals, accretions, amortizations, and depreciation.
- Ensures the confidentiality of daily work and member information.
- Corrects account errors and problems.
- Responds effectively to requests, problems, and complaints.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Accounting Department and Credit Union data processing systems, including accessing information on web and intranet.
- Accurately stores and maintains accounting records in the document management system.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent combination of education/work experience.
- Minimum 1 year accounts payable or general accounting experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in a financial institution’s accounting department preferred.
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred.
- Ability to interpret and apply generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to interpret and apply Advantis policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Proficient in the use of the internet, MS Office products, particularly Excel, Accounting programs and other software programs applicable for the position. Ability to adapt to new technology and learn new software applications quickly.
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative, and tact in dealing with members and staff and vendors.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility to deal with unexpected events, and occasionally attend meetings and events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours. Work schedule may vary to provide sufficient service levels.
- Ability to analyze work processes and to make recommendations for process improvement. Ability to organize projects, prioritize workflow, and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately.
- A high level of problem solving skills required.
- Ability to act independently with minimum direction.
- Ability to provide exceptional service to both internal and external contacts.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to learn and quickly become familiar with credit union processes and procedures.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction. We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun.
We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home. If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.