Clackamas Federal Credit Union
Contact: Lynn Schell
Phone: (503) 722-5413
If you are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives, you can build your career in helping families achieve their goals and helping people dream.
The Accounting Specialist at Clackamas Federal Credit Union is responsible for administering the process of the accounts payable system, general ledger postings, track fixed assets, and assist the accounting department on other items as needed. Prepares income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting statements and reports. Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures. Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
Clackamas believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the success of our Mission, Vision, Values and service standards.
Learn more about working at Clackamas here: http://bit.ly/clackamas-youtube
- Responsible for effective, efficient and timely performance of all assigned accounting department functions, including journal entries, accounts payable, scanning and archiving related documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Examine and administer invoices for payment including posting to the appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Respond to vendors’ inquiries and refers them appropriately; research and resolve vendor problems and billing discrepancies and seeks direction when needed regarding such issues.
- Complete monthly accounts payable accrual entries.
- Account for prepaid and other type expenses accurately.
- Maintain and update the fixed assets tracking software.
- Complete depreciation and amortization entries monthly and update all appropriate systems.
- Ensure management is informed of area activities and any significant problems; this includes reporting transactions that are outside established policies or procedures to the Director of Accounting and Finance.
Interested in Applying? Apply Here.
Education: Required – A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school. Preferred – A bachelor degree in a related field of study such as finance, economics, or statistics. Experience with ProfitStar ALM Software.
Experience: Required – Minimum two years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions. Preferred: Greater than two years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions
- Proficient with Word and Excel
- Prior experience in accounting
Benefits That Make a Difference
Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Including chiropractic, acupuncture, nutritional counseling, and telehealth
Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
Generous employer match 401(k)
Lifelong learning and training opportunities and reimbursement
Employee Assistance Program
Including confidential counseling, work-life solutions, financial information, and other resources