Oregon State Credit Union
Contact: Brie Caffey
Grab this rare opportunity to join the accounting department one of the most respected credit unions in the pacific northwest. With over one billion dollars in assets, Oregon State Credit Union has a strong reputation of integrity, unsurpassed service, and member focus. And we’re a tight team. Our employees love it here which is why this opportunity is so rare.
As an Accounting Specialist in our Operations Center on Research Way, you’ll perform a variety of technically complex accounting tasks, research and special projects. You will work with a collaborative team of professionals, each with specific areas of expertise. This position will focus on Accounts Payable, invoice entry, vendor management and budget variance but you will also experience continual opportunities for cross training and individual growth, as our team as a whole is responsible for areas that also include: Fixed Assets, Purchasing, Payroll, Daily Balancing of Mortgage and Business Loans as well as Daily balancing of the Credit Union, Internal Controls, Audits, Annual Budgets, Management, Board, and Regulatory reporting. With ever changing needs, you’ll stay informed of GAAP and FASB guidelines, perform analysis of financial data and be responsible for maintaining streamlined processes and data integrity for your areas of responsibility. You’ll complete internal auditing tasks and assist in external audit and NCUA exam processes.
Since it began in 1954, Oregon State Credit Union has been a member-owned, not-for-profit financial services institution. We exist for the benefit of our member-owners, and not to profit from them. That’s what makes us different from banks and how we’re able to create financial solutions that make lives better. The service you’ll provide by ensuring our member funds are accounted for and used with integrity is at the very heart of our success
Ways we’ll appreciate you:
- A dynamic, supportive culture
- Competitive wages, incentive bonuses, paid holidays and paid PTO time
- 100% credit-union-paid employee medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; dependent coverage also available
- 401k Retirement savings plan with a very generous employer match
- Tax-saving Flexible Spending Plans, HSA
- Premier membership perks, loan discounts, company clothing, wellness and recognition programs
Interested in Applying? Apply here.
What you will need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of accounting experience
- Experience with Word, Excel, and database applications (Prefer experience with: Axiom EPM, SQL database management, Fixed asset and A/P, FICS Loans and payroll software)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to spot and research anomalies
- Independent judgment and a track record of meeting deadlines
Location: 4800 SW Research Way, Corvallis
Work type: Full-time, exempt
Compensation: $51k/yr + bonus
Equal opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities
The information above provides the general nature of work performed in this position and outlines primary qualifications. See the job description for complete details. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have the legal right to work in the US and pass a background screening to the satisfaction of Oregon State Credit Union.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Interested in Applying? Apply here.