Oregon State Credit Union
Region: Corvallis, OR, USA 97333
Contact: Brie Caffey
Grab this rare opportunity to join one of the most respected credit unions in the pacific northwest! With billions of dollars in assets, Oregon State Credit Union has a strong reputation of integrity, unsurpassed service, and member focus. Our employees love it here; and we’re expanding the team. If you enjoy working with and learning from tenured professionals who take pride in their work, join us!
As an Accounting Specialist in our Operations Center on Research Way, you’ll perform a variety of technically complex accounting tasks, research and special projects. You’ll stay informed of GAAP and FASB guidelines and use them towards general ledger and accounting software entries of financial information. You’ll perform analysis of financial data and be responsible for anticipating and providing reports for management and staff. You’ll complete internal auditing tasks and assist in external audit and NCUA exam processes. And you’ll assist in the preparation of the operating budget of the credit union.
Since it began in 1954, Oregon State Credit Union has been a member-owned, not-for-profit financial services institution. We exist for the benefit of our member-owners, and not to profit from them. That’s what makes us different from banks and how we’re able to create financial solutions that make lives better. The service you’ll provide by ensuring our accounts balance is at the very heart of our success.
Ways we’ll appreciate you:
- A dynamic, supportive culture
- Competitive wages, incentive bonuses, paid holidays and paid PTO time
- 100% credit-union-paid employee medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; dependent coverage also available
- 401k Retirement savings plan with a very generous employer match
- Tax-saving Flexible Spending Plans, HSA
- Premier membership perks, loan discounts, company clothing, wellness and recognition programs
What you will need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- At least 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Experience with Word, Excel, and database applications (Prefer experience with: Axiom EPM, SQL database management, Fixed asset and A/P, FICS Loans and payroll software)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to spot and research anomalies
- Independent judgment and a track record of meeting deadlines
Apply right now!
Location: 4800 SW Research Way, Corvallis
Work type: Full-time, exempt
Compensation: Generally starts about $50,000/yr; more depending on experience
Equal opportunity employer, including vets and disabilities
The above information is intended to provide the general nature of work performed in this position and outline primary qualifications; see the complete job description.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.