IBEW & United Workers Federal Credit Union
- Performs a variety of duties assigned by the Senior Accounting Representative to assist in the daily accounting functions.
- Processes member payrolls, including opening new accounts, by manual input, or transfer of file from Excel or notepad to the main computer system for automatic posting. Balances payrolls once posting is completed. Find and rectify discrepancies.
- Reconciles assigned general ledge accounts on a daily basis.
- Reviews sharedraft and ACH reports. Determines necessary action on each overdraft and ACH exception. Completes report processing by the deadlines established by Credit Union Northwest.
- Orders and/or blocks and performs maintenance on ATM, debit or VISA cards as necessary.
- Must answer questions regarding ACH regulations, therefore, must possess a knowledge of relevant rules and regulations.
- Must have the ability to research VISA questions and make corrections as needed.
- Must have knowledge to effectively use Powerlink-Pemco and Co-Op desktop (debit and ATM cards) and other software interfaces as required.
- Will answer questions regarding VISA regulations, therefore, must possess knowledge of relevant rules and regulations.
- Will perform a variety of basic accounting functions such as: daily remittances, general ledger postings, reconciliation of the Corporate statement, (including corrections required by the outside accountant), matches business checks to statements and ships to members, sends member daily notices, completes month end postings, and may be assigned title processing and follow-up.
- Will process union dues payments as well as PAC and MRP postings, as requested, by various Locals.
- May be responsible for the accounts payable function, issuing checks for the payment of Credit Union bills. Bills must be paid monthly in a timely manner.
- Must possess a knowledge of VISA/Debit card disputes and fraud.
- Must also perform any other duties, including filling in in other department as assigned by the Senior Accounting Rep and/or Management.
- Must adhere to Credit Union employee performance standards.Specific Requirements:
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and documentation.
- The ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently.
- Able to work independently or as a team member.
- Must possess good communication skills, including effective telephone skills, and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to do multiple tasks and projects at the same time.
- The flexibility to make immediate and unscheduled job changes.
- The willingness to accept and learn from constructive criticism.
- Able to stay focused on a task until completed.
- An understanding and a willingness to meet required deadlines.
- An understanding of the necessity of complete accuracy in accounting functions.
- The ability and the willingness to work within all performance standards of the Credit Union.
High school diploma required, 2-years or more of college preferred. Must have completed college level accounting courses and/or 3 years experience in the accounting department of a credit union. Must be willing to continue education in accounting principles and functions.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in the banking industry, preferably in a credit union accounting department. Would prefer direct experience in other credit union departments as well.