Accounting Operations Specialist
Unitus Community Credit Union
Region: Portland metro
Contact: Rachel Browning
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (503) 423-8320
• Assist with General Ledger accuracy, security, structure and activities and support the daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual GL processes. Prepare and review balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Prepare GL entries for each pay period and review payroll records to ensure benefit elections, payroll entries and use of pay codes are accurate and complete.
• Assist with the annual preparation of the budgeting process, especially for compensation and benefits.
• Provide support on payroll-related projects to ensure processes and benefit designs and be effectively supported in ADP.
• Provide backup for payroll and accounts payable and administer the ADP Workforce Now system in coordination with Human Resources and ADP using efficient methods and best practices.
• Additional duties as needed.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
• At least two years of progressive accounting related experience that includes payroll, accounts payable, general ledger entries, reconciliation of bank accounts and sub-systems, and an understanding of how to properly classify accounting entries
• Understanding of one or more types of payroll and accounts payable systems, preferably ADP Workforce Now and/or Concur
• Familiarity with federal, Oregon, and Washington wage and hour laws
• Exemplary customer service skills
• Good Excel skills
• A bachelor’s degree or some college level accounting courses would be helpful, but is not required
What’s it really like to work here? We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing!
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment based on race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.
Please apply at our website: www.unitusccu.com/careers/