ironworkers usa federal credit union
Contact: teri robinson
Ironworkers USA Credit Union is looking for an Accounting Officer who can perform standard accounting department duties while also having the ability to conceptualize and prepare financial analysis that will contribute to the strategic direction of our Credit Union.
Reporting directly to the CEO and based at our Portland, Oregon, branch, the Accounting Officer will be responsible for regular accounting activities, such as daily balancing on GLs and internal accounts, monthly financial reports, and annual internal and external audits. Ironworkers USA Credit Union is growing exponentially in both size and complexity. Knowing this, the Accounting Officer must be able to embrace change, harness technology to gain efficiencies and accuracy, and confidently partner with the CEO to develop and implement financial and operational growth strategies.
As a designated Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), Ironworkers USA Credit Union is dedicated to providing financial services that meet the needs of economically disadvantaged individuals within underserved communities. It is important that the Accounting Officer have a thorough understanding of CDFIs, Secondary Capital, NCUA Low Income Designation, and our higher expense ratio due to union staff and low income designation.
The Accounting Officer will be responsible for:
- Overseeing cash flow, cash management, working capital, and company audits
- Preparing financial statements and reports
- Ensuring legal compliance on all financial functions
- Managing relationships with banks and treasury management partners
- Working with other operating companies on financial reconciliation and strategy
- Accounts payable
- Fixed assets
- Monthly financials
- Loan analysis
- Filing quarterly NCUA Call Reports
- General Ledger postings and monthly balancing
- Working with CEO on projects
- Working with Community Development Financial Institutions
- Secondary capitol accounting and reporting
- ALM monthly meetings preparations
- Attending and preparing materials for Board meetings
Candidates for this position should be:
- Outgoing and have a can-do attitude
- Comfortable talking with members on the phone
- A good communicator who will contribute to a positive team environment
- Passionate about credit unions and helping our members attain financial success
- Willing to participate in community and business affairs, as necessary, to contribute to the image of the Credit Union
- Flexible and available to work occasionally on weekends or evenings and have the ability to travel
- Proven management and leadership skills
- The ability to learn data driven systems
- A degree in business, accounting or finance
- 5-10 years of related experience
- Must be proficient with Microsoft software (especially Excel)
- Ability to travel
We understand that this position is responsible for a lot of important Credit Union work and that not all candidates may possess all the knowledge and requirements listed. While all candidates must possess accounting and/or finance experience, we are willing to train the right person if she/he has the passion needed to be a successful Accounting Officer.
Ironworkers USA Federal Credit Union is committed to providing employees with a competitive salary, a friendly, stable work environment, and an opportunity for professional growth. We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage. 401(k), Pension Plan, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Wellness Incentive, Credit Union Membership, Loan Discounts, and more.
If you are interested in joining the Ironworkers USA Federal Credit Union team, please send your resume and cover letter outlining your salary requirements to: Human Resources Department: Recruitment Team 11620 NE Ainsworth Circle #400, Portland OR 97220 or email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com