ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for exceptional member service to every member, every time by ensuring employees deliver consistent high-quality service to both internal and external members that is in alignment with our Service Promises.
- Must be detail oriented and possess solid organizational and time management skills. Must be able to work independently and handle multiple priorities under pressure of deadlines and time restraints.
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate the daily activities of the accounting department
- Provide leadership, direction and training of accounting staff to promote progress toward goals and objectives
- Work with Sr. Management on recurring reviews by outside CPA firm as well as state and federal regulators.
- Main general ledger system, including chart of accounts and produce data as requested.
- Maintain fixed asset and prepaid modules.
- Leader of month-end closing processes, ensuring timely reporting to management.
- Supports budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Able to interact effectively and professionally with members, co-workers, vendors and counterparts at other financial institutions.
- Familiarity with and adherence to Board Policies.
- Provide quality member service by answering questions for external and internal customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform or cause to be performed all other functions that may be required by immediate supervisor.
- Performs duties with a minimum of direct supervision when properly trained
- Strong listening and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt and accept change
- Remain current on and adhere to all required regulatory training
- Promotes teamwork in the department and other departments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work independently in a non-supervised environment
- Familiarity with the credit union systems, preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills, customer service, verbal and written communication
- Neatness in appearance
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and highly organized with proven follow-up capabilities
- Knowledge of regulations, especially those pertinent to accounting and finance
- PC Proficiency
- Identifies problems and develops procedures to resolve or correct the situation. Monitors and measures the results. Provides excellent member service and solves member related problems quickly.