Lower Valley Credit Union
Contact: Anita Flores
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (509) 515-0539
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage accounting functions to include AP, AR, budgets, cash flow, cost management, credit and collections, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, GL, investments, payroll and taxes.
- Implement policies and procedures for the accounting department and insure that policies and procedures reflect current regulations, and are communicated to and implemented by subordinates.
- Ensure that you and the accounting department are in compliance with all federal and state laws as well as the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act and other regulations.
- Responsible for general ledger reconciliation, analysis of financial accounts, and preparation of journal entries. Provide end-of month close and produce monthly financial statements. Prepare or assist with incurred cost and provisional rate reports as necessary.
- Reconcile revenue reports, unbilled variances, special projects, payroll and timesheet reports, and claims disbursements. Prepare daily balance sheet (loan and share) analysis. Prepare daily cash position analysis.
- Ensure that all activities of the department are in accordance with GAAP and that the accounting records are maintained accurately and in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement processes to streamline credit union accounting procedures.
- Develop and maintain complex computer-based analyses and reports of credit union accounting records on a regular basis.
- Provide regular reports to management of all online accounting activities for the credit union’s accounting/bookkeeping department.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
Minimum of five years of management experience.