WestEdge Credit Union
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain proper accounting methods, policies, principles, and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Lead daily reconciliation of the credit union’s financial records to ensure that all activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner to aid members, staff, and management to access accurate and current information.
- Lead monthly and year end close process including the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements and reports.
- Lead and participate in the accurate and timely completion of quarterly regulatory reporting.
- Analyze accounting data to validate the completion of statements and reports.
- Work with auditors/examiners to facilitate timely and accurate audits and exams.
- Perform all payroll functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires three to five years as an Accounting Manager or Accounting Supervisor; preferably in a credit union or financial institution, or similar or related experience.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software, and databases.
- Analytical ability.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles and standards (including GAAP), as well as laws and regulations that apply to credit unions.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to lead and supervise.
- $54,000.00 per year to $63,000.00 per year
WestEdge Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method, please call (360) 734-5790 or email email@example.com.