Heritage Grove FCU
Contact: Nichole Griffin
Phone: (503) 485-4358
The Accounting Clerk performs accounting and data processing functions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- To process credit union accounts payable.
- To maintain Courtesy Pay program as directed.
- To reconcile daily ACH, share draft, and debit and credit card transactions.
- To process ACH stop payment requests.
- To assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements and other accounting reports as directed by the VP-Finance.
- To maintain and process depreciation records for fixed assets and prepaid expenses.
- To reconcile other general ledger accounts.
- To reconcile bank account or corporate credit union accounts, investment schedules, and other assets.
- To process dormant accounts in accordance with established procedures.
- To perform assigned tasks daily and report progress on shared task list.
- To perform other duties as directed by the VP-Finance or other members of management.
Education and Skills required:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. 2- or 4-year degree or similar experience in accounting preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and should possess good reading, writing, and math abilities.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment and be competent in the operation of a computer terminal and software required to perform job duties.
- Must be able to work accurately with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work accurately.
- Must have experience with creating, manipulating and inputting data and formulas into spreadsheets.
- 12 months experience in accounting or related field, preferably in a credit union or other financial institution.
Employment at Heritage Grove Federal Credit Union may require standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, bending, kneeling, reaching above and below shoulder level, and continuous use of hands in repetitive tasks such as typing or data entry.
Employees are also required to be able to speak in person and on the telephone, must have adequate hearing ability, and the ability to see clearly.
Employees are required to interact with others, meet established deadlines, and utilize problem solving ability and initiative.
Employees of Heritage Grove Federal Credit Union have access to non-public personal information regarding members, as well as proprietary trade secrets of the credit union. Employees must be able to maintain the confidentiality of such information and are required to use care to avoid inadvertently disclosing non-public information relating to the credit union and its members.
Employees may be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions while employed with Heritage Grove Federal Credit Union. These potentially hazardous conditions may include the possibility of the credit union experiencing a robbery or other workplace violence.
Employees may be required to travel as directed by management pursuant to current policies of the credit union.
Maintain punctual, regular and predictable attendance.