Advantis Credit Union
Region: Clackamas, OR
The Accountant I is responsible for general Credit Union accounting functions including month end processing, general ledger, reconciliations, bank account research and special projects. Ensures the safeguarding of assets. Follows procedures which result in reliable financial records, operational efficiency and financial reporting in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and regulatory requirements. Serves as a resource to staff; provides efficient, courteous service to internal customers and members.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Tracks daily cash balances in the Credit Union’s various accounts, ensures proper funding levels, initiates transfers, and communicates appropriate information to Accounting management, and other relevant Accounting staff members
- Maintains and reconciles all cash accounts including but not limited to Federal Reserve, Federal Home Loan Bank, US Bank, and all Corporate Credit Unions.
- Reconciles and submits the daily manufactured home loan escrow payments, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Assists with loan portfolio balancing, including reconciliations and ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Maintains the monthly expense accruals and provides updated draft accruals each month end.
- Reconciles and monitors activity in general ledger accounts. Researches and resolves outstanding items in a timely manner.
- Prepares periodic entries including, but not limited to reclassifications, accruals, accretions, amortizations, and depreciation.
- Ensures the confidentiality of daily work and member information.
- Assists Credit Union staff, vendors, and members in a friendly, positive, and professional manner. Provides prompt, efficient, confidential, and accurate service.
- Completes calculations, forms, and documents accurately and inspects all documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Corrects account errors and problems. Ensures that all available resource materials and options are utilized and exhausted whenever possible to arrive at a solution.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Accounting Department and Credit Union’s data processing systems, including accessing information on web and intranet.
- Serves as support and back up for the Accounts Payable function.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Two years’ experience performing mid-level accounting functions in a financial institution accounting department.
- Experience with Great Plains and other accounting software is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of financial accounting, all accounting functions, credit union policies, products and services.
- Ability to interpret and apply generally accepted accounting principles.
- Capacity to work well with others and to resolve issues effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to communicate ideas effectively at all organizational levels.
- Proficient in the use of the internet, MS Office products, particularly Excel, Accounting programs and other software programs applicable for the position. Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- A high level of problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction. We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun. We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home.
If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.