Gesa Credit Union
Take a leap and join our team!
At Gesa, we believe in the power of our people. Coming from all walks of life, our team members’ individual stories and unique experiences are our most valuable asset. But it’s how we come together, igniting our collective compassion and commitment to empowering our communities, that makes us succeed. Because we know we go further when we go together.
Here you can join a team who is passionate about serving others, has a desire to do good, and shares a deep love of people. You can engage in meaningful work that impacts your community. You can challenge yourself and grow in your career. And, you can rest assured that your wellbeing and prosperity are our priority.
Get to know us: About – Gesa Credit Union
Under the general direction of the Accounting Leadership, the Accountant I performs tasks necessary to balance and update general ledger and subsidiary accounts, maintain and reconcile accounts daily, weekly and monthly as required, and manage other accounting related duties. This position researches and resolves discrepancies and accounting errors. The Accountant I maintains the Credit Union’s accounting records and reports, ensuring that they are in compliance with credit union policies, procedures, service standards and generally accepted accounting practices. This position assists other departments in the interpretation of accounting entries and reports.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Analyze and reconcile bank and general ledger accounts as required.
- Prepare management and regulatory reports within assigned schedule.
- Perform all month-end activities and quarter-end activities, including balancing accounts and producing financial statements within scheduled timeframes.
- Provide informed, professional assistance to others in the Credit Union regarding accounting and finance.
- Keep management immediately informed of key operational issues and/or concerns affecting the department.
- Review and analyze vendor and potential vendor financial information to complete financial due diligence assessments.
- Review and complete analytics on general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Review and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Maintain awareness of laws, rules, regulations, and policies and procedures which impact position duties and responsibilities. Must understand and perform Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) functions, as applicable to job responsibilities.
- Prepare income and balance sheet statements for supervisor’s review, consolidated statements, regulatory reports and various other accounting statements and reports.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget, forecast and analyze monthly budget variances.
- Conduct special studies, complete projects as assigned.
- Coordinate accounting matters with other departments and locations.
- Control risk and perform duties in a safe and sound manner.
- Maintain and protect all sensitive data utilizing the highest standard of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to consistently produce accurate work.
- Ability to make quality decisions in a timely manner with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to manage time, accomplish daily and bi-weekly goals, report to management on results regularly and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a high paced environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills and possess the ability to work in both a team.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of MS Office at an intermediate to advanced level.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Accounting, Finance or Business with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
- One to three years of similar or related experience.
- Experienced with standard office equipment, automated data processing systems including PC software programs and spreadsheets.
- Some travel is required to achieve training and business objectives.
- Preferred: Experience in a credit union or financial services institution.
Our Team Member Value Proposition
In exchange for bringing your talent to Gesa, here are a just a few of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Plus 10 Paid Holidays!
- 401(k) Match
- Incentive Program
- Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Repayment
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Product discounts
- Engaging Work Environment
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
Get wise to what’s possible with a career at Gesa. Join us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact the HR Department at (509) 378-3100 or email@example.com to request an accommodation.
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes screening for all drugs considered illegal or controlled by the State of Washington, as well as, a credit/background check and a skills assessment.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.