SELCO Community Credit Union
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Work Location: This position is eligible for hybrid onsite and remote work arrangements for candidates who meet the requirements in the Eugene/Springfield area.
Employment type/status: Regular, Full-time
Benefit eligible: Yes – full benefits available
FSLA status: Non-exempt
Required schedule/availability: Monday-Friday (8:30am – 5:30pm)
Starting Pay Range: $4,744-$5,426 per month. This range will be converted to semi-monthly ranges for full-time employees.
As a member-focused credit union, we’re looking for new team members who have a desire to help others. Whether empowering people to reach their goals in person or behind the scenes, our employees share a commitment to creating meaningful relationships with our members and community. We’re also a fun place to work, and we offer competitive pay, professional development, and great benefits!
SELCO Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
SELCO Community Credit Union is looking for a full-time Accountant to join our team at our Corporate Headquarters location in Springfield, Oregon. This position performs accounting functions necessary to support the financial operations, maintain the general ledger, and prepare financial reports for SELCO and its companies.. The successful candidate brings an Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent related experience. In addition, at least two (2) years of accounting or similar (i.e., operations, audit, etc.) work experience. To learn more about SELCO, view the full position description, and apply, please visit https://www.selco.org/join/careers!
Essential job duties include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Maintain the general ledger in accordance with chart of accounts; create, revise, and remove GL accounts and translations, and maintain appropriate access controls.
- Prepare and maintain accounting records supporting general ledger transactions, post general ledger entries, and monitor general ledger exceptions.
- Prepare reconciliations of general ledger account activity and work with team members to resolve outstanding items.
- Maintain fixed asset records; evaluate acquisitions for proper accounting treatment, record acquisitions, process depreciation reports and balance fixed asset system with general ledger.
- Prepare month-end accrual and adjusting entries.
- Prepare or assist in preparing periodic regulatory reports, including the weekly FR 2900 report, the quarterly Call Report, and quarterly and annual tax reports.
- Perform daily cash-flow analysis and maintain appropriate cash balances in daily settlement accounts.
- Compile information to assist with audits and examinations.
- Cross-train to provide backup to various finance/accounting functions as needed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional accounting standards and assist in the implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements.
Skills and abilities include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
The position requires the following:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in person, over the phone, and in writing including through electronic channels.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with individuals and groups at all levels both within and outside the Credit Union.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong computer and software skills, including Microsoft Office, core system and accounting systems, and applications used to facilitate accounting reconciliation and investment accounting.
- Ability to apply knowledge acquired through experience, job training, and self-study.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills with a high level of initiative, responsibility, and accountability, including flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to use experience-related knowledge and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- Associate degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent related experience; and
- At least two (2) years of accounting or similar (i.e. operations, audit, etc.) work experience; and
- Must be bondable.