Salal Credit Union
This position is eligible for full-time remote work within the Credit Union’s hiring territory. Remote work is eligible for candidates who reside in one of the following states: AZ, CA, FL, GA, ID, MO, MT, NH, OK, PA, TX, or WA. Candidates in Pacific or Mountain time zones are preferred to sufficiently support the department hours of operations.
The salary range for the Accountant position is $58,000- 68,000 annually.
We also offer great benefits and perks, including healthcare options, a health savings account (HSA), paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) plan with company match, a charitable contribution match, on the job training, and transportation benefits. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Accounting or Finance highly preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in financial accounting and reporting, financial planning and analysis, or financial systems/operations in a corporate environment required.
- Prior financial institution experience is preferred.
- Experience in FedLine Advantage, SYMITAR, Adaptive Insights and Prologue are desirable.
- Preparing, analyzing, and posting recurring and non-recurring journal entries including monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation, cash activity and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries.
- Supporting our three-day month-end close process by actively participating, preparing and posting approved monthly entries – preparing month-end analytics and researching financial review questions as needed.
- Performing reconciliations of the credit unions general ledger on a daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly basis as assigned.
- Providing information, research and resolutions to questions in a responsive and professional manner.
- Shadowing colleagues in other departments and branches to garner additional knowledge and insight to support them.
- Sending cash management wires.
- Assist in reviewing department processes to make recommendations for maximizing efficiencies within the credit union’s financial goals.