Latah Credit Union
Typical Job Duties:
- Prepare and present monthly financial statements to the Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee.
- Maintain credit union investment portfolio including processing settlement transactions and preparation of monthly reports.
- Manage corporate accounts and liquidity position to ensure adequate cash levels to support daily settlement transactions.
- Prepare and submit quarterly 5300 Call Report.
- Annually review and update accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare ALM Reports quarterly and present to the ALCO Committee.
- Work with regulatory agency examiners and auditors.
- Oversee daily finance and accounting operations.
- Responsible for managing the fixed assets and prepaid expenses.
- Exceptional attention to detail and consistently produce accurate work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Thorough knowledge of financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Understanding of governmental regulations and reporting requirements.
- Ability to identify and resolve accounting problems.
- Implement new account standards (CECL).
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work well with others.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or a related field, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job.
- Knowledge of the Credit Union industry, regulations and operations.
- Knowledge of computer skills including excel.