2 F/T Loan Officer 1 positions
Great NorthWest Federal Credit Union
Region: NorthWest WA
Contact: Linda Vandiver
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (360) 533-9990
Fax: (360) 533-9989
GNWFCU POSITION DESCRIPTION
LOAN OFFICER I
Reports to: VP of Lending
Pay Range: $13.50/HR to $21.00/HR (DOE) plus possible monthly/quarterly incentives
Classification: Non-Exempt – Full time
Note: Statements included in this description are intended to reflect, in general, the duties and responsibilities of this position and are not to be intended as being all inclusive. Nothing in this job description is intended to be or should be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with members to assess lending needs, identify financial struggles, develop solutions, and tactfully deliver the recommended course of action.
- Proactively offer CU products and services to existing and potential members to achieve department and individual sales and service goals.
- Educate CU membership on financial literacy, as appropriate, to help them achieve financial independence and success.
- Conduct routine sales calls to strengthen member relationships and increase loan productivity.
- Process loan requests/applications through all lending channels in a timely manner and update loan origination system with current data.
- Analyzes and approves or denies loans within approved lending limits and informs member of loan decision.
- Creates appropriate loan documents for approved loans and arranges for member signature.
- Funds/Posts loans in loan origination system.
- Obtain and deliver member feedback to management regarding loan products/services to support continued CU growth.
- Work together with Sales, Service and Support staff to create a collaborative work environment and create a positive member experience.
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement for this position. Must have flexibility with weekly work schedule to fit the needs of the loan department – some Saturdays required.
- Qualify for and obtain a registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS).
- Comply with all CU regulatory and compliance policies, including BSA, AML, OFAC and MIP processes and procedures.
High school diploma or equivalent. Two years of lending or consultative/retail sales experience required. Above average communication skills, both oral and written
A high degree of self motivation is required as well as a positive disposition when faced with negative responses to sale/service recommendations. Demonstrated aptitude to learn and apply new technologies, processes, and procedures in a timely manner. Working knowledge of consumer lending laws and regulations. The ability to work successfully with the public and coworkers, in a frequently stressful environment. Employees of GNWFCU must possess mobility and stamina to work in a standard office setting. Employee must be able to use standard office equipment. At times, some employees may have to lift items up to 30lbs. Part of the job requirements may include the need to stand or sit for long periods of time. Some employees may need the ability to raise arms above their head. Employees should have adequate hearing and speech to communicate with our members and staff on the phone, in person or through intercom speaker systems. This statement is not inclusive of all the physical requirements but does, in general, cover most areas of the CU. GNWFCU will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations to an employee with a physical, mental or sensory disability in order to allow that employee to perform the essential functions of the job.The above job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Aspects of this position may be changed or supplemented from time to time, at the sole discretion of management