Virtual Emerging Leaders
Registration for the 2022 Emerging Leaders Program is closed to a waitlist. It is likely that a spot may become available. Please contact Holly Miller if you would like to be added to the waitlist.
The Virtual Emerging Leaders Program provides the next generation of credit union leaders with the knowledge, community, and tools they need to cultivate, nurture and act on their leadership potential. Participants will be armed with the skills to increase productivity and leadership effectiveness, cultivate sustainable leadership practices, effectively communicate strategic objectives, and so much more.
The Virtual Emerging Leaders Program provides participants with a unique opportunity to explore their leadership potential and develop holistically.
The 2022 virtual program will feature a special emphasis on the Leadership 360 performance evaluation – a tool that helps leaders benchmark their current leadership and inform their developmental path moving forward. A highly certified International Coach Federation-credentialed coach will deliver the curriculum through various virtual channels, including group learning sessions, ongoing cohort “buddy” calls, core modules, and exercises specifically developed to advance participants’ leadership skills. In addition, participants will use tools to track their development throughout the program to better measure and support their success.
Whether you are already leading a team or have just begun to feel the spark of a higher role, the Virtual Emerging Leaders Program will give you the tools to cultivate your leadership presence and reach your leadership potential!
For questions, please reach out to Holly Miller.
THE FOCUS & CURRICULUM
The 2022 Virtual Emerging Leaders Program focuses on strategic leadership skills, benchmarking and informing a development path, effective assessment and feedback processes, leadership models, executive presence, and more.
|∙ 9 interactive group sessions|
∙ 8 pre-recorded sessions
∙ Dedicated website
∙ Individual/Group cloud-based drives
∙ Executive coaching
∙ "Office Hours" available
∙ 1:1 coaching
∙ Small group coaching
|∙ Virtual "Notebook" w/ core modules
∙ Leadership 360 Performance Evaluation tool
∙ Homework assignments
∙ Group discussion board
∙ 8 "buddy" calls
∙ Accountability assigned members of cohort
∙ Build a sense of community
Program participants will graduate with sustainable leadership practices, new thinking, and a clear understanding of their development path moving forward, as well as a network of industry peers. Emerging Leaders positively impact the direction and growth of their organizations by understanding how to influence change, effectively deliver assessments, and communicate strategic objectives.
Regular Tuition: $3,100 | Late Tuition: $3,250 (After March 18, 2022)
Special Pricing: Interested in registering more than one attendee from your credit union? We offer a 10% discount for up to two additional attendees from your credit union. Please contact Holly Miller to create this registration.
For dates, times, and descriptions of the 2022 Virtual Emerging Leaders Program view the agenda below.View Emerging Leaders Agenda
Strategic Link is proud to sponsor the 2022 Emerging Leaders Scholarship Contest, which will award one candidate a tuition-free registration.Learn More
See what Northwest Credit Unions are saying about the Emerging Leaders Program and what previous graduates are saying.View Testimonials
QUESTIONS OR CANCELLATIONS?
Cancellations must be received, in writing, by the NWCUA no later than 15 days prior to the start date of April 19, 2022 to receive a full refund. No refunds will be processed after that date.
Please contact our Director of Programing, Holly Miller if you have questions about the program or questions on the scholarship contest.
SVP, Advancing Leadership Institute
Peter Myers is a leadership coach for CEOs, boards, teams, managers and emerging leaders. On a daily basis, Peter facilitates professional development programs for executives and management teams, succession planning processes for boards and CEOs, as well as strategic planning engagements for credit unions nationwide. Weaving together strategy development, critical thinking, employee engagement to bridge […]
STRATEGIC LINK IS SENDING ONE EMERGING LEADER TO THE PROGRAM TUITION-FREE
Strategic Link is proud to sponsor the 2022 Emerging Leaders Scholarship Contest, which will award one candidate a tuition-free registration to the 2022 Emerging Leaders Program. Strategic Link creates value at all levels of the Northwest credit union system and is committed to helping credit unions develop their talent.
ABOUT THE 2022 EMERGING LEADER SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
Nominations are open through March 24, 2022, for any credit union employee who is on the rise and dreams of moving up into a leadership position. The winner will be able to attend the 2022 Emerging Leaders Program tuition-free!
If you think you fit the bill and would like to nominate yourself, complete the contest entry form by midnight on DATE.
- Nominations are open through March 24, 2022, for any credit union employee who is on the rise and dreams of moving up into a leadership position. Click here to nominate yourself! We are looking for passionate individuals who would benefit from the Emerging Leaders Program.
- Nominees will produce a short YouTube video introducing themselves to the judges, discussing their role in serving members at their credit union, and highlighting what makes them stand out among their peers as the 2022 Next Emerging Leader. If video isn’t your presentation style, submit an essay (not to exceed 1000 words) that demonstrates why you should be selected as the 2022 scholarship winner. Please submit the video and/or essay to Holly Miller by not later than March 24, 2022. No further reminders will be sent.
- Three finalists will be selected on March 25, 2022
- Finalists will be invited to complete a short phone interview with the contest judges between April 1-8.
- Judges from the Northwest Credit Union Association will evaluate and score each nomination based on their submission materials, phone interview responses, the reason for wanting to attend the Emerging Leaders Program, as well as the benefit of the program to the applicant’s career and credit union.
- The scholarship winner will be announced on April 11.
The Winner of the 2022 Emerging Leaders Scholarship contest will be called upon to:
- Attend the 2022 Emerging Leaders Program.
- Work with the NWCUA’s Communication team to contribute Anthem articles as needed – to be used at the Association’s discretion.
- Follow-up by November 18, 2022, with NWCUA’s Holly Miller and their assigned DDJ Myers coach to share how their experience with the Emerging Leaders Program has affected their career and their credit union.
Please click here to read the full contest rules before entering.
“I am in control of my day in a way that I haven’t been before.” – 2020 Graduate
“I am much more in the ‘living my leadership declaration’ mode now and am proud of the fact that I’m becoming a driver. I want to sustain and build on that!” – 2020 Graduate
“I am actively implementing my leadership development plan’s actions and I look forward to achieving the goals.” – 2020 Graduate
“I learned how to be more direct and recognize the value of executive-level communication in so many situations (home too.)!” – 2020 Graduate
“Gaining others’ perspective and buy in. It truly takes a village to successfully implement and manage change.” – 2020 Graduate
“I am now more confident and speaking up more. Asking for more accountability and feedback.” – 2020 Graduate
“Leaders seek assessments period. I will always take that with me and move it forward. I need to continue to find what is working and what is not.” – 2020 Graduate