March 21st 9:00 am -
March 23rd 12:00 pm PDT
March 21st 10:00 am -
March 23rd 1:00 pm MDT
2 days, 3 hours
$3035 (early bird price)
About the 2018 Emerging Leaders Program
Date: March 21, 2018 • 9:00 a.m. – March 23, 2018 • 12:00 p.m.
Location: Spokane, Washington
Early Bird Price: $3095 for one individual if registered prior to 12/31/17.
Special Pricing: 10% for registering more than one individual from your credit union for this program (please contact Holly Miller to create this registration.) Additional early bird discount does not apply.
Whether you are already leading a team, or have just begun to feel the spark of a higher role, the Emerging Leaders Training Program will give you the tools to cultivate your leadership presence and navigate challenges and successes.
What Previous Emerging Leaders Say:
“This program has helped me access more of myself. My vision for my life and career is being developed and shaped by Emerging Leaders.”
“Emerging Leaders taught me that I am in control of how my career grows.”
“The Emerging Leader program has been an eye-opening experience! Now I have the tools to become a competent leader.”
“Since beginning Emerging Leaders training, I have been asked by our executive team to mentor three people—the next Emerging Leaders in our organization.”
The Northwest Credit Union Association and the DDJ Myers Advancing Leadership Institute are partnering to present a career development program to help you find your leadership voice. The program includes nine days of face-to-face training spread throughout the spring and summer of 2018, with executive level coaching and mentoring in between sessions. Participants will be guided through project work that is intimately linked to their professional growth. Training will focus on strategic visioning, delivering powerful assessments, coordination and accountability models, and the power of a well-grounded leadership presence.
This three-week program provides high level training from top presenters to maximize your leadership skills. The program will provide you with sustainable leadership practices to help you develop new thinking and innovative solutions to address today’s marketplace challenges. You will collaborate with industry colleagues to build strong, lifelong professional relationships with peers from other credit unions. You will receive four executive/leadership coaching sessions to support your learning and development. By the final week of the course, you will present a Leadership Project, applying your new skills in support of your credit union and community. This all-encompassing learning experience is designed to guide you on the path toward fully reaching your leadership potential.
The Emerging Leaders Training Program will help you hone your leadership skills and give you the tools as a leader to inspire success in others. The program includes a unique curriculum in an all-encompassing learning experience:
- Three-day training blocks in each of the following three categories:
- Strategic Leadership;
- Building Leadership Presence; and
- The Practice of Leadership.
- Four executive/leadership coaching sessions with program trainers.
- Class size is limited to 20 students to provide Individualized attention from trainers.
- An opportunity to present your final project to peers and colleagues at our 2018 annual convention.
Skills You Can Expect to Enhance
- Transformative Change: Learn the theory of transformative change and its practical application within an organization.
- Strategic Leadership Development: Discover the importance of taking effective action in planned and unplanned change.
- Executive Presence: Develop practices to be more open and connected by cultivating the right attitude, language, and mood.
- Applied Executive Communication: Unlock the potential of language and listening, with a unique appreciation of the complexities of communication and diverse perspectives.
- Social Responsibility: Explore the social responsibility of “People Helping People.”
Top Five Reasons To Attend
- Increase productivity and leadership effectiveness at your credit union.
- Learn to develop new strategies to address today’s challenges.
- Cultivate sustainable leadership practices and learn to take effective action inside and outside your credit union.
- Build strong, lifelong professional relationships with peers from other credit unions.
- Receive national-quality training from top-tier presenters at a convenient location and an affordable price.
2018 Emerging Leaders Contest
Strategic Link is Sending One Emerging Leader to the Program Tuition-Free
Strategic Link is proud to sponsor the 2018 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest, which will award one candidate a tuition-free registration to the 2018 Emerging Leaders Program. Strategic Link creates value at all levels of the Northwest credit union ecosystem, and is committed to helping credit unions develop their talent.
Details and qualifications for participation in this promotion may apply. For more information, read the official rules.
About The 2018 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest
Contest Deadline: January 25, 2018.
Nominations are open through January 25, 2018 for any credit union employee who is on the rise and has leadership aspirations. The winner will be able to attend the 2018 Emerging Leaders Program tuition-free!
If you think you fit the bill, and would like to nominate yourself, fill out this form and complete the contest entry by not later than midnight on January 25, 2018.
If you will like to nominate one of your peers please do so by not later than January 4, 2018 by filling out our application form here. Once your peer nomination has been received the person will be notified of the need to complete their submission no later than midnight on January 25, 2018.
- Self Nominations: Now through January 25, 2018. Nominations are open for any credit union employee who is on the rise and dreams of moving up into a leadership position. We are looking for passionate individuals who would benefit from the Emerging Leaders Program. Please click on this link for a Self Nomination Form once you have read the contest details below.
- Peer Nominations: Now through – January 4, 2018.You can nominate a co-worker, employee, boss, or peer from within the credit union space, We are looking for passionate individuals who would benefit from the Emerging Leaders Program. Please click on this link for a Peer Nomination Form.
- Nominees are asked to write a 500-700 word submission describing their desire to attend the 2018 Emerging Leaders Program and how their attending will impact both them and their credit union. Nominees must also submit a one to two minute YouTube video. The video content should include information about their role at their credit union, any relevant professional accomplishments, and a pitch as to what sets them apart as a 2018 Emerging Leader. The written submission and video must be submitted to Holly Miller by midnight on January 25, 2018 to be considered for the contest. No reminders for material submissions will be sent. Please note that if you are nominated by your peers, we will contact you to give you the opportunity to accept the nomination and create an application if you so choose. Only those who accept their nomination will move onto the next round.
- Three finalists selected: February 2, 2018.
- Finalists will be invited to complete a short phone interview with the Northwest Credit Union Association judges on February 12 and 13.
- Northwest Credit Union Association judges will evaluate and score each nomination based on their submission materials, phone interview responses, reason for wanting to attend the Emerging Leaders Program, as well as the benefit of the program to the applicant’s career and credit union.
- Winner announced: February 19, 2018.
The Winner of the 2018 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest Will be Called Upon To:
- Attend the Emerging Leaders Program. Tuition will be paid, but the winner will need to secure their own lodging and transportation. The Emerging Leaders Program will be held in Spokane, Washington.
- Work with the NWCUA’s Anthem Editor to contribute five articles—one per week of class and two others before or after the course begins—to be used at the Association’s discretion.
- Provide “live tweeting” during each week of class, contributing at least 2 Twitter messages per week of class.
- Present their Emerging Leaders project at the NWCUA’s 2018 MAXX Convention in Tacoma, Washington.
- Follow-up with NWCUA’s Community Manager, Carmen Vigil, and their assigned DDJ Myers Coach by November 2, 2018, to share how their experience with the Emerging Leaders Program has affected their career and their credit union.
To request the name of the Strategic Link 2018 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest winner, please send your request to Holly Miller.
Week 1: Wednesday, March 21 through Friday, March 23, 2018
Week 2: Monday, June 25 through Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Week 3: Wednesday, September 19 through Friday, September 21, 2018
Project Presentation during a Break Out Session at the MAXX 2018 Convention in Tacoma, Washington.
Tuition: $3,195 per person. A 10% discount will be applied to each additional attendee from the same credit union.
Registration Deadline: March 7, 2018
Event Location and Accommodations
Horizon Credit Union
13224 E. Mansfield Avenue
Spokane Valley, WA 99213
About the Trainers
The Northwest Credit Union Association has lined up national-quality speakers to present the Emerging Leaders Training Program.
Vice President • DDJ Myers Advancing Leadership Institute
Peter Myers helps individuals and teams move forward in their personal and organizational goals through recruitment, retention, and executive leadership coaching practices. On a daily basis, Peter works with senior management in the financial services industry to build and further develop their leadership and strategic teams by bringing out the true power within themselves and integrating it into the professional and business world. Third generation in this industry, Peter’s formal education and somatic coaching certification, combined with his extensive world travels and his exposure to the financial services industry, help him create vision and opportunities for business professionals seeking to reach the next level of success and commitment.
Leadership Coach • DDJ Myers Advancing Leadership Institute
DDJ Myers Advancing Leadership Institute
Tim Tolliver is an engaging and dynamic coach committed to helping others become more effective leaders and build a high capacity for skillful action and change. Through a combination of reflective conversation and engaging practices, clients are able to act in new ways that are more aligned with what’s most important. Tim’s unique approach to shaping leaders is informed by his training in competitive athletics, mind/body practices, and almost 30 years of training in traditional Japanese martial arts. This passion for cultivating exceptional leadership has led Tim to become a part of the teaching staff for the School of Embodied Leadership at the Strozzi Institute. Outside of the coaching arena, the drive toward individual excellence has led Tim to three world championships in the International Karate Association.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cancellations must be received, in writing, by the NWCUA no later than March 7, 2018 to receive a full refund. Cancellations submitted in writing, by the participant, by not later than March 20, 2018 will result in a pro-rated refund of 50% of registration fee.