Emerging Leaders Program
The award-winning Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) provides the framework for the next generation of senior leaders to gain the necessary skills to coordinate and execute strategies and tactics for your organization.
About the Emerging Leaders Program
Dates and Details
Session 1: May 13 – 15 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. on 5/13 – 5/14, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. on 5/15)
Session 2: July 29 – 31 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. on 7/29 – 7/30, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. on 7/31)
Session 3: Sept. 16 – 18 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. on 9/16 – 9/17, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. on 9/18)
Project Presentation: During a Breakout Session at the MAXX 2020 Conference in Portland
Sessions 1 – 3 Location
Trailhead Credit Union
221 NW Second Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97209
$3519 until April 13
$3689 after April 13
Interested in registering more than one attendee from your credit union? We offer a 10% discount for registering the next two attendees from your credit union for this program (please contact Holly Miller for this registration option).
Questions about registration for the 2020 program? Please contact Holly Miller for more information.
Whether you are already leading a team, or have just begun to feel the spark of a higher role, the Emerging Leaders Training Program will give you the tools to cultivate your leadership presence and navigate challenges and successes.
To learn more about the program and hear from past graduates, watch this informational webinar:
What Previous Emerging Leaders Say:
“I am an effective leader. I learned that self-development is something that is never complete and as a result, I have reignited my fire and passion for continuous learning….” -2018 Graduate
“It takes time, it is difficult, it is intensely rewarding.” -2019 Graduate
“This program challenged me in a way I never thought of or have done before. I now look and approach things differently as a leader and I look forward to continuing to practice the skills I have learned through this program.” -2019 Graduate
It was a great experience that challenged and helped me grow both personally and professionally. I would recommend this course to anyone, it would be applicable to matter what role they are currently in.” -2019 Graduate
“This program is, in my opinion, essential to bettering the function of employees at ALL LEVELS. Even if you’re not sending every employee, department and CU leaders go through this program to help foster productive, high performing, and impactful team members.” – 2019 Graduate
“It was life-changing and I will be forever grateful for this opportunity. It was a gift. If we can provide this opportunity to all leaders in our organization imagine what we could accomplish.” -2019 Graduate
“It is valuable and an excellent opportunity. I have a tremendous amount of learning to share with the credit union and recommend other managers to attend.” – 2019 Graduate
The award-winning Emerging Leader Program (ELP) provides the framework for the next generation of senior leaders to gain the necessary skills to coordinate and execute strategies and tactics for your organization. Participants are provided an opportunity to learn, practice, and shift their perspectives inside of an intense learning environment. The program includes nine days of face-to-face training, with executive-level coaching and mentoring in between sessions. Participants will be guided through a process to develop and implement a project that is intimately linked to their respective organization’s strategic plan.
Training will focus on strategic visioning, delivering concentrated and direct assessments, coordination and accountability models, and the power of a well-grounded leadership presence. Developing the next layer of talent to lead the organization is critical to the long-term success of any company. Having a strong support system of leaders to motivate, guide, and communicate in a complex environment will be an organizational and cultural differentiator.
The Emerging Leader Program provides the skills and leadership development necessary to tap and support that emerging leadership potential. Space is limited to 20 participants!
Strategic leadership skills, effective assessment and feedback processes, leadership models, language, and executive presence.
High-level training from top presenters, teachers, and coaches. The participants are guided through project work and four executive coaching sessions. During the final session, each participant designs and presents an organization or community leadership project that showcases the impact of their newly acquired leadership skills and practices.
Sustainable leadership practices, new thinking and innovative solutions. As an emerging leader the participants development will benefit both their organizations and their own professional growth through collaborative learning with industry peers and highly certified, International Coach Federation-credentialed coaches.
Skills You Will Enhance
- Transformative Change: The theory of transformative change and its practical application within an organization.
- Strategic Leadership Development: How vision and design are correlated with the implementation of strategic goals.
- Cultivating an Executive Presence: How to appear authentic and “on purpose” to others by leveraging language and attitude as leadership tools.
- Applied Executive Communication: How to unlock the potential of listening to diverse perspectives as bring a team together to take effective action.
- People Helping People: A new level of depth and commitment to supporting and evolving future leaders.
- Measuring Success: Applying the learning into a tangible and relevant strategic impact with quantitative and qualitative ROI.
Top Five Reasons To Attend
- Increase productivity and leadership effectiveness at your credit union.
- Learn to develop new strategies to address today’s challenges.
- Cultivate sustainable leadership practices and learn to take effective action inside and outside your credit union.
- Build strong, lifelong professional relationships with peers from other credit unions.
- Receive national-quality training from top-tier presenters at a convenient location and an affordable price.
About the Trainers
The Northwest Credit Union Association has lined up national-quality speakers to present the Emerging Leaders Training Program.
Peter Myers is a leadership coach for CEOs, boards, teams, managers and emerging leaders. On a daily basis, Peter facilitates professional development programs for executives and management teams, succession planning processes for boards and CEOs, as well as strategic planning engagements for credit unions nationwide. Weaving together strategy development, critical thinking, employee engagement to bridge the talent and execution gap is his specialty. Peter works with teams and boards to unlock and leverage their organizational, team, and individual potential. Peter also co-leads the CEO readiness and talent development program for credit union executives pursuing their next level of career potential and has been a teacher in the award winning NWCUA/DDJ Myers Emerging Leaders Program since its inception in 2012.
Tim Tolliver, SISC
Vice President, Integrated Performance Systems • DDJ Myers Advancing Leadership Institute
As a performance coach, trainer, and facilitator Tim is an engaging and dynamic presence committed to developing high-capacity teams and individuals. His unique approach to leadership is informed by his experience in competitive athletics, current advances in neuropsychology and over 30 years of training and teaching traditional Japanese martial arts. In addition to teaching in the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) and leading the “C” Yourself executive leadership program, Tim works with executives and their teams in the fields of finance, law, healthcare, and business. Outside of the coaching arena, the drive toward excellence has led Tim to three world championships with the International Karate Association.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations must be received, in writing, by the NWCUA no later than April 15, 2020 to receive a full refund. No refunds will be processed after that date.
2020 Emerging Leader Scholarship Contest
Strategic Link is Sending One Emerging Leader to the Program Tuition-Free!
Strategic Link is proud to sponsor the 2020 Emerging Leaders Scholarship Contest, which will award one candidate a tuition-free registration to the 2020 Emerging Leaders Program. Strategic Link creates value at all levels of the Northwest credit union system and is committed to helping credit unions develop their talent.
About the 2020 Emerging Leader Scholarship Contest
Nominations are open through Feb. 28 for any credit union employee who is on the rise and dreams of moving up into a leadership position. The winner will be able to attend the 2020 Emerging Leaders Program tuition-free!
If you think you fit the bill, and would like to nominate yourself, complete the contest entry form by midnight on Feb. 28.
- Nominations are open through February 28, 2020 for any credit union employee who is on the rise and dreams of moving up into a leadership position. Click here to nominate yourself! We are looking for passionate individuals who would benefit from the Emerging Leaders Program.
- Nominees will produce a short YouTube video introducing themselves to the judges, discussing their role in serving members at their credit union, and highlighting what makes them stand out among their peers as the 2020 Next Emerging Leader. If video isn’t your presentation style, submit an essay (not to exceed 1000 words) that demonstrates why you should be selected as the 2020 scholarship winner. Please submit the video and / or essay to Holly Miller by not later than February 28,2020. No further reminders will be sent.
- Three finalists will be selected on March 6, 2020.
- Finalists will be invited to complete a short phone interview with the contest judges on March 9 – 13, 2020.
- Judges from the Northwest Credit Union Association and DDJ Myers will evaluate and score each nomination based on their submission materials, phone interview responses, reason for wanting to attend the Emerging Leaders Program, as well as the benefit of the program to the applicant’s career and credit union.
- The scholarship winner will be announced by March 16, 2020.
- The Winner of the 2020 Emerging Leaders Scholarship contest will be called upon to:
- Attend the 2020 Emerging Leaders Program. Tuition for the program will be paid, but the winner will need to secure their own lodging and transportation. The 2020 Emerging Leaders Program will be held in the Portland area.
- Work with the NWCUA’s Communication’s team to contribute Anthem articles as needed – to be used at the Association’s discretion.
- Provide “live tweeting” during each week of class, contributing at least 2 Twitter messages per week of class.
- Present at NWCUA’s 2020 MAXX Convention along with other students from the 2020 Emerging Leaders Program. Please note that for those wishing to attend the full MAXX Convention, registration and costs will be the responsibility of the participant’s credit union.
- Follow-up by October 16, 2020 with NWCUA’s Carmen Vigil and their assigned DDJ Myers coach to share how their experience with the Emerging Leaders Program has affected their career and their credit union.
Please click here to read the full contest rules before entering.