Emerging Leaders Program
The award-winning Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) provides the framework for the next generation of senior leaders to gain the necessary skills to coordinate and execute strategies and tactics for your organization.
About the Emerging Leaders Program
The 2020 Emerging Leaders Program was in high demand and sold out. For more information about the 2021 Emerging Leaders programs, please reach out to our Director of Programming,
The Emerging Leaders Training Program provides seasoned professionals, new managers, and high-potentials with the tools to broaden their strategic perspective, cultivate leadership presence, and more skillfully navigate critical challenges and successes.
This year’s training program will take place in a virtual setting, allowing participants the opportunity to participate and learn at their own pace. The curriculum will focus on strategic visioning, developing comprehensive strategic roadmaps, delivering concentrated and direct assessments, coordination and accountability models, and the power of a well-grounded leadership presence. Through 1:1 coaching, group work, assessments, real-time interactive sessions, and pre-recorded presentations of core modules, participants can expect to walk away with a refined leadership presence, a large toolkit of skills to help them think strategically, and the ability to effectively deliver a vision to an executive audience.
Dates & Details
The complete course runs from June 17, 2020, to Feb. 1, 2021, with specific meeting dates listed below.
The core content of this virtual ELP format will be delivered through various learning channels, which include real-time interactive sessions, pre-recorded presentation of the core content, evidenced-based heuristics, program assignments, 360-degree assessments, etc.
Please note, all times below are noted in Pacific time.
- July 13: 12 – 1 p.m.
- July 29: 12 – 1:30 p.m.
- August 25: 12 – 4 p.m.
- September 10: 12 – 2 p.m.
- September 21: 12 – 4 p.m.
- October 8: 2 – 1:30 p.m.
- October 27: 12 – 1:30 p.m.
- November 5: 12 – 1:30 p.m.
- November 10: 12 – 1:30 p.m.
- December 3: 12 – 1:30 p.m.
Small group and 1:1 coaching calls will be scheduled throughout the program.
Special Pricing: Interested in registering more than one attendee from your credit union? We offer a 10% discount for two additional attendees from your credit union. Please contact Holly Miller to create this registration.
- Online leadership assessments, including behavioral and communication preferences and personal mastery competencies
- 360-degree leadership assessments
- Independent learning via leadership articles, assignments, and strategic project development
- Real-time facilitation of certain content
- Pre-recorded presentation of core learning
Please note: There are two days in the program that will require extended periods of virtual interaction.
- Executive coaching support and access for each program participant
- Small practice and learning groups
- Virtual group conversations to allow for shared learning
- Strategic project development.
- Leadership development plan developed and refined by way of pre-designed developmental conversations with key stakeholders, committed listeners, and an ELP program instructor.
There are Four Phases of This Program:
- Individual preparation as the participants get ready to fully engage in the course/learning.
- Leadership Learning: Participant self-discovery and declaration of their future leadership benchmarks and conditions of success.
- Strategy Development: Applying the learnings into the development and strategic execution of a project.
- Leadership Trajectory: Participants will assess and define their next phase of leadership development, launching them into 2021 with a roadmap for continued professional development.
Skills You Will Enhance
Skills You Will Enhance:
- Transformative Change: The theory of transformative change and its practical application within an organization.
- Strategic Leadership Development: How vision and design are correlated with the implementation of strategic goals.
- Cultivating an Executive Presence: How to appear authentic and “on purpose” to others by leveraging language and attitude as leadership tools.
- Applied Executive Communication: How to unlock the potential of listening to diverse perspectives as bring a team together to take effective action.
- People Helping People: A new level of depth and commitment to supporting and evolving future leaders.
- Measuring Success: Applying the learning into a tangible and relevant strategic impact with quantitative and qualitative ROI.
Top Five Reasons To Attend
- Increase productivity and leadership effectiveness at your credit union.
- Learn to develop new strategies to address today’s challenges.
- Cultivate sustainable leadership practices and learn to take effective action inside and outside your credit union.
- Build strong, lifelong professional relationships with peers from other credit unions.
- Receive national-quality training from top-tier presenters at a convenient location and an affordable price.
To learn more about the program and hear from past graduates, watch this informational webinar:
What Previous Emerging Leaders Say:
“I am an effective leader. I learned that self-development is something that is never complete and as a result, I have reignited my fire and passion for continuous learning….” – 2018 Graduate
“It takes time, it is difficult, it is intensely rewarding.” – 2019 Graduate
“This program challenged me in a way I never thought of or have done before. I now look and approach things differently as a leader and I look forward to continuing to practice the skills I have learned through this program.” – 2019 Graduate
It was a great experience that challenged and helped me grow both personally and professionally. I would recommend this course to anyone, it would be applicable to matter what role they are currently in.” – 2019 Graduate
“This program is, in my opinion, essential to bettering the function of employees at ALL LEVELS. Even if you’re not sending every employee, department and CU leaders go through this program to help foster productive, high performing, and impactful team members.” – 2019 Graduate
“It was life-changing and I will be forever grateful for this opportunity. It was a gift. If we can provide this opportunity to all leaders in our organization imagine what we could accomplish.” – 2019 Graduate
“It is valuable and an excellent opportunity. I have a tremendous amount of learning to share with the credit union and recommend other managers to attend.” – 2019 Graduate
About the Trainers
The Northwest Credit Union Association has lined up national-quality speakers to present the Emerging Leaders Training Program.
Peter Myers, MSC, PCC
Vice President • DDJ Myers Advancing Leadership Institute
Peter Myers is a leadership coach for CEOs, boards, teams, managers and emerging leaders. On a daily basis, Peter facilitates professional development programs for executives and management teams, succession planning processes for boards and CEOs, as well as strategic planning engagements for credit unions nationwide. Weaving together strategy development, critical thinking, employee engagement to bridge the talent and execution gap is his specialty. Peter works with teams and boards to unlock and leverage their organizational, team, and individual potential. Peter also co-leads the CEO readiness and talent development program for credit union executives pursuing their next level of career potential and has been a teacher in the award winning NWCUA/DDJ Myers Emerging Leaders Program since its inception in 2012.
Tim Tolliver, SISC
Vice President, Integrated Performance Systems • DDJ Myers Advancing Leadership Institute
As a performance coach, trainer, and facilitator Tim is an engaging and dynamic presence committed to developing high-capacity teams and individuals. His unique approach to leadership is informed by his experience in competitive athletics, current advances in neuropsychology and over 30 years of training and teaching traditional Japanese martial arts. In addition to teaching in the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) and leading the “C” Yourself executive leadership program, Tim works with executives and their teams in the fields of finance, law, healthcare, and business. Outside of the coaching arena, the drive toward excellence has led Tim to three world championships with the International Karate Association.
Strategic Link Business Partner - DDJ Meyers
Did you know that DDJ Myers is one of our Strategic Link Business Partners?
DDJ Myers provides credit unions with solutions for board development and governance, strategic planning, executive search, succession planning, leadership development, executive and board coaching and facilitation of individual, organization, and board assessments. Click here to learn more about how DDJ Myers can help you develop your CU’s leadership.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations must be received, in writing, by the NWCUA no later than 30 days prior to the start date. No refunds will be processed after that date.