Filene i3 Program Application Deadline is Nov. 30
November 16, 2021
Are you a credit union professional passionate about innovation, collaboration, and creative brainstorming? Would you relish the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to elevate the Credit Union Movement, and by extension, change the world?
This two-year innovation leadership program arms top credit union professionals with the mindset, tools, and network to lead and shape the future.
Through the cohort-based program, participants work in cross-functional teams to explore and address some of credit unions’ most pressing challenges. i3 participants learn cutting-edge innovation competencies grounded in three core categories:
- Facilitating Innovation: Engaging the diverse perspectives of members, staff, stakeholders, and subject-matter experts to co-create new solutions.
- Accelerating Learning: Exploring and iterating new ideas to gain insight, reduce risk, and validate solutions.
- Leading Change: Mobilizing people and resources to inspire action and make change happen.
Some of the credit union industry’s most impactful financial solutions and ideas were borne as a result of i3, helping save consumers millions of dollars, bringing new efficiency to credit unions, and even changing a few laws.
Over the years, several Northwest credit union professionals have joined the program, including Hazelmae Overturf, Sr. Manager of Learning and Development at Seattle-based BECU and NWCUA’s 2021 Young Credit Union Leader of the Year.
“Joining i3 has offered me the opportunity to connect and collaborate with diverse, forward-thinking credit union thought leaders and change-makers,” said Overturf. “I’m sincerely humbled and in awe of the potential and the possibility we are going to amass together. I’m most excited to leverage innovation to continue ‘future-proofing’ credit unions. It’s not only about solving today’s problems but preparing for tomorrow and onward!”
Each year, selectees are chosen through a highly competitive application process consisting of four stages. Here’s how to apply:
- Online Application: Interested candidates must complete the online application by Nov. 30. The application includes responses to questions, a letter of recommendation from the candidate’s CEO or Manager, and a short video introducing themself and insights on how their history and professional experience will contribute to the i3 experience.
- Applicant Interviews: Final candidates are then invited to virtual face-to-face interviews with the review team during the weeks of Dec. 1 – 15.
- Candidate Selection: The core selection team will select the top candidates for participation in the i3 program.
- Announcement: The new class of i3 will officially be announced to the marketplace on Jan. 10, 2022.
Learn more about the program by visiting Filene online.