Horizon Credit Union President and CEO Jeff Adams Elected NWCUA Board Chair
October 12, 2021
As the Northwest Credit Union Association wrapped up its MAXX Convention in Boise on Thursday, the Association announced the results of a reorganization of its 2020-2021 Board of Directors Executive Committee.
Jeff Adams, President and CEO of Spokane-based Horizon Credit Union, was selected by his peers to serve as Chair of the NWCUA Board of Directors.
“Thank you for the trust you have placed in me as your newly elected Chair, and know I am fully committed to working closely with the Association, the Board, and all of you to serve and advance the interests of credit unions in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington,” Adams told the gathering by video during the closing session at MAXX. “The work you do every day to serve your members and your communities is inspiring. Thank you for delivering on the Credit Union Difference.”
Adams encouraged Northwest credit unions to deepen their engagement with NWCUA through participation in the Association’s menu of Committees and Task Forces. Adams asked Northwest credit unions to “cast a wider and deeper net into the ranks of your credit unions” and consider “up-and-comers” who will offer diverse voices and a variety of skill sets in the advancement of the Credit Union Movement.
Adams succeeds Kent Oram, President and CEO of Idaho Central Credit Union. In turning over the gavel, Oram asked his Northwest colleagues to “keep on preaching our message about the Credit Union Difference.”
“Keep searching for ways to get exciting, cutting-edge services into the hands of your members. Keep trying to reach the underserved. Keep sharing your stories,” Oram said. “Remember that when we come together, great things happen. We become smarter, stronger, and more effective for our members.”
Other Board members with new executive committee roles include:
- Vice Chair – Larry Ellifritz, President and CEO, Consolidated Community Credit Union
- Secretary/Treasurer – Trisha Baker, President and CEO, Lewis Clark Credit Union
- Executive Committee Member – Don Clark, President and CEO, Sound Credit Union
Other members of the Board of Directors include:
- Christopher Bradberry, President & CEO, Fibre Federal Credit Union
- Veronica Ervin, SVP & Chief Risk Officer, OnPoint Community Credit Union
- Jennifer Kutcher, President & CEO, WECU
- Kent Oram, CEO, Idaho Central Credit Union
- Teri Robinson, CEO, Ironworkers USA Federal Credit Union
- Dan Thurman, CEO, East Idaho CU
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn, President & CEO, Central Willamette Credit Union
“The Northwest Credit Union Movement owes its deepest thanks to the entire Board of Directors of this Association,” said NWCUA President and CEO Troy Stang. “They represent the interests of Northwest credit unions with vision, leadership, and wisdom.”
Have a question or comment about this story? Email us!