Unitus Awards $17,500 to PNW College Students Through Scholarship Program
July 23, 2021
Unitus Community Credit Union is pleased to announce the seven $2,500 recipients of the Unitus Scholarship Program for the 2021-2022 school year.
Each year, Unitus awards scholarships to student members as well as child dependents, spouses, or significant others of Unitus employees.
The Unitus Scholarship Program, launched in 2004, has awarded financial assistance to 168 students totaling nearly $220,000. Scholarship winners are scored in the areas of academic achievement, community involvement, quality of scholarship materials, and commitment to pursuing post-secondary education. Applications are independently reviewed by Scholarship America®.
“We’re incredibly inspired by the hard work and motivation of these students, especially amid a pandemic,” said Aimee Berg, Community Development Manager at Unitus. “It’s part of our mission to ensure that anyone has a chance to reach their goals and dreams. We’re excited to recognize the outstanding achievements of these students as they pursue their passions!”
This year’s winners are:
• Madeleine S. | Tigard, OR: Madeleine will begin attending Dartmouth College in the fall, where she will major in Biology.
• Sergio M. | Molalla, OR: Sergio will begin attending the University of Oregon in the fall, where he will major in Computer Programming.
• Lucy R. | Portland, OR: Lucy will begin attending Baylor University in the fall, where she will major in Computer Science.
• Josephine B. | Phoenix, OR: Josephine will begin attending Pacific University in the fall; she has not yet declared her major.
• Sally N. | Happy Valley, OR: Sally will begin her fourth year at the University of Oregon in the fall, where she will major in Advertising.
• Jade M. | Tualatin, OR: Jade will begin her second year at the University of Oregon in the fall, where she majors in Biology.
• Sean B. | Portland, OR: Sean will begin attending the University of Oregon in the fall, where he will major in Political Science.
Find a full list of this year’s scholarship recipients at unitusccu.com/scholarships. Details for the 2022 Unitus Scholarship program will be released there in January.
Posted in Member News.