Seattle CU Named One of 2020’s Most Equitable Organizations
January 5, 2021
The Puget Sound Business Journal recognized Seattle Credit Union as one of the regions 2020 Most Equitable Organizations in the greater Seattle area. The credit union was the list’s only financial institution — a top company committed to fostering an equality-, inclusion-, and equity-centered culture and diminishing the impact of workplace bias.
All companies included in this year’s Most Equitable Workplaces list have achieved GEN Certification, the national gold standard for intersectional gender equity in the U.S. workplace. Businesses that are GEN Certified meet standards of excellence across five tenets of workplace culture:
- Bias Neutrality Score: Does this organization embrace the processes and mechanics proven to diminish the impact of unconscious bias?
- Employee Resonance Score: Does the organization offer the programs and policies proven to increase job satisfaction and engagement for employees of all backgrounds?
- Accessibility Score: Are all employees equally aware of, familiar with, and comfortable accessing opportunities offered by their employer?
- Experience Perception Gap: This metric measures the difference between different populations’ lived experiences in their workplace. For example, do equal percentages of women and men, or white employees and employees of color, report being asked about their career goals in the last 12 months?
- Visible Advocacy Score: The VAS evaluates how intentionally visible and transparent the organization is in communicating their commitment to equity, including their strategy, both internally and externally.
“We are grateful to have been recognized as one of the Puget Sound’s most equitable companies, and are re-invigorated in our commitment to equity and inclusion as we continue to learn about best practices that diminish the impact of workplace bias and foster inclusive culture,” said the credit union’s President and CEO, Richard Romero.
Have a question or comment about this story? Email us!
Posted in Article Post.