How Are You Celebrating International Credit Union Day?
October 12, 2020
First celebrated in 1948, International Credit Union Day is a rallying day for the 86,000-plus credit unions in our global Movement. This year, ICU Day falls on Oct. 15, and the theme, “Inspiring Hope for a Global Community,” celebrates how credit unions contribute to a brighter future by providing financial empowerment to people all over the world through financial services, education, and support.
With most ICU Day activities taking place virtually this year, there are more opportunities than ever to get creative and include all staff members in the festivities. Here are a few ways your organization can celebrate this Thursday:
- Post historic facts and information about the Credit Union Movement on your employee intranet or in internal newsletters and messages.
- Engage with your members on social media and use the hashtag #ICUDay.
- Host a virtual hangout for your team to share stories and celebrate your organization’s community impact.
- Encourage your employees to utilize their volunteer time off — ask them to explore some of the greatest needs in their community and commit to finding a time to help.
- Dedicate time to completing your Community Impact Report Tool survey, if you haven’t already. There is no better way to celebrate the collective impact of our global Movement than by sharing how your organization has made a difference.
- Find out what your local Micro-Community is doing for ICU Day and commit to attending or supporting their event if they have one.
- Encourage your team to take a moment to reflect. Spend 15 minutes writing what accomplishments you are proud of this year and outline your goals for the year ahead.
Already have something special planned for ICU Day? We’d love to hear all about it! Please contact Jenny Miller, NWCUA Communications Manager, to share your ICU Day stories and photos, which may be featured in an upcoming Anthem story.
Posted in Article Post.