Kent Oram Elected as New NWCUA Board Chairman
Oram calls on Northwest credit union professionals to help shape the industry’s future by serving on a 2021 NWCUA committee or task force.
The Northwest Credit Union Association welcomed Kent Oram, President and CEO of Idaho Central Credit Union, as the Association’s new Board of Directors Chairman. Oram was elected on Sept. 30, directly following the Annual Business Meeting.
Oram joined the Association’s Board of Directors in 2019 after the merger between NWCUA and the Idaho Credit Union League, most recently serving as the Board’s Vice Chairman. He’s dedicated more than 30 years to ICCU and was named President and CEO in 2007.
During the Annual Business Meeting, outgoing Chairman, and Verity Credit Union President and CEO, John Zmolek, reflected on his six years on the Board and encouraged credit unions to think big and bold in the coming year. The Association thanks him for his dedicated service.
The NWCUA Board of Directors also was reorganized immediately following the meeting. The 2020-2021 NWCUA Board of Directors and its Executive Committee Officers includes:
- Kent Oram, Chairman, Idaho Central Credit Union
- Jeff Adams, Vice Chairman, Horizon Credit Union
- Larry Ellifritz, Secretary/Treasurer, Consolidated Community Credit Union
- Trisha Baker, Executive Committee Member, Lewis Clark Credit Union
- Don Clark, Director, Sound Credit Union
- Bert Fisher, Director, Our Community Credit Union
- Jennifer Kutcher, Director, WECU
- Teri Robinson, Director, Ironworkers USA Federal Credit Union
- Dan Thurman, Director, East Idaho Credit Union
- Brooke Van Vleet, Director, InRoads Credit Union
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn, Director, Central Willamette Credit Union
As the newly elected Chairman, Oram urges Northwest credit union professionals to help shape the future of the industry by serving on an NWCUA 2021 committee or task force. Hear what he has to say about the importance of serving in his first message as Board Chairman.
NWCUA’s 2021 committees and task forces now open for nominations include the following:
- Advocacy Sub-Committee
- Awards Committee
- Defense Fund Oversight Sub-Committee
- Idaho Governmental Affairs Committee
- New Markets Awareness Committee (formerly the Strategic Market Share Task Force)
- Oregon Governmental Affairs Committee
- Regulatory Advisory Sub-Committee
- Value Creation Task Force
- Washington Governmental Affairs Committee
NWCUA committees and task forces’ charges are aligned with the Association’s strategic priorities of Advocacy, Cooperative Value, and Community Impact, and those who serve play a direct role in further advancing an environment where consumers can choose and do choose not-for-profit credit unions as their trusted partner.
“There is a place for all Northwest credit union professionals to bring their voices to the table,” said NWCUA President and CEO, Troy Stang. “We welcome all perspectives and encourage all Northwest credit union professionals to consider serving on a 2021 NWCUA committee or task force.”
The Association has evolved the Strategic Market Share Task Force, which in 2021 will be called the New Markets Awareness Committee. This committee will develop recommendations for proactive and cooperative initiatives that ensure credit unions remain relevant and attractive to current and prospective members. Committee members will work with NWCUA staff to identify what consumers from new market segments see as important now, with a particular focus on digital channels and evolving member expectations.
Committee and task force nominations are due by Oct. 15. Please note that individuals currently serving on a 2020 committee or task force must still be nominated by the deadline to be considered. More information about 2021 committees and task forces may be found online. To nominate, please fill out this form.
Questions about 2021 committees and task forces may be directed to Christine Ruzzi, AVP of Enterprise Engagement.