NWCUA Board Election Concludes
May 12, 2020
The 2020 Northwest Credit Union Association election process has now concluded. Jennifer Kutcher, WECU President and CEO, will join NWCUA’s Board of Directors.
At the beginning of this year’s election cycle, the NWCUA Nominating Committee announced five Board seats up for election, with four incumbents eligible and interested in standing for re-election. Along with the incumbents, the Nominating Committee received one additional eligible candidate. Since the election cycle produced five eligible candidates for the five open seats, a membership vote was not necessary to conclude the 2020 NWCUA Board election process. The candidates were unanimously elected by Board acclamation, and all five positions will be seated immediately following the Association’s Annual Business Meeting later this year.
Kutcher has served as WECU’s President and CEO since 2014. The Bellingham, Washington-based credit union serves nearly 130,000 members. She has more than two decades of credit union experience and is actively engaged with state, regional, and national advisory committees. Kutcher also is involved in credit union advocacy efforts, currently serving on the NWCUA Washington Governmental Affairs Committee and the 2020 Advocacy Sub-Committee.
Incumbents Trisha Baker, President and CEO of Lewis Clark Credit Union (Lewiston, Idaho), Larry Ellifritz, President and CEO of Consolidated Community Credit Union (Portland), and Dan Thurman, President and CEO of East Idaho Credit Union (Idaho Falls, Idaho), will continue their service on the NWCUA Board with three-year terms. Kent Oram, Vice Chair and CEO of Idaho Central Credit Union (Pocatello, Idaho), will serve a two-year term.
Other 2020 NWCUA Board of Directors include:
- John Zmolek, Chair, President and CEO of Verity Credit Union, Seattle
- Jeff Adams, Secretary/Treasurer, President and CEO of Horizon Credit Union, Spokane Valley, Washington
- Don Clark, President and CEO of Sound Credit Union, Tacoma
- Bert Fisher, CEO of Our Community Credit Union, Shelton, Washington
- Teri Robinson, CEO of Ironworkers USA Federal Credit Union, Portland
- Brooke Van Vleet, President and CEO of InRoads Credit Union, St. Helens, Oregon
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn, President and CEO of Central Willamette Credit Union, Albany, Oregon
Visit NWCUA online for more information about the NWCUA Board of Directors.
Have a question about this story? Email us!
Posted in BOD Elections.