The North Central Chapter of Credit Unions Donates $5,000 to Food Banks
Ten food banks across the region will each receive $500 to help families in need.
The North Central Chapter of Credit Unions is donating $500 to every food bank within its region to assist families in need.
During this unprecedented time, Chapter President, Amanda Nixon, said that the Chapter feels a collective responsibility to help those who are struggling and hopes the donations will help food banks carry out their mission to feed, educate, and advocate for those in their communities who struggle with hunger. Nixon is Vice President of Operations for Lewiston, Idaho-based Lewis Clark Credit Union.
“Credit unions embrace the philosophy of ‘People Helping People,’ and the members of the North Central Chapter of Credit Unions have always been committed to helping the communities we serve,” Nixon wrote in a letter to each food bank.
The food banks that will receive donations are:
- Camas Prairie Food Bank in Grangeville, Idaho;
- Salmon River Senior Citizens Inc. in Salmon, Idaho;
- Marie’s Catholic Community Food Bank in Moscow, Idaho;
- Troy Food Bank in Troy, Idaho;
- Potlatch Food Pantry in Potlatch, Idaho;
- Julietta-Kendrick Good Samaritan Food Bank in Julietta, Idaho;
- Community Action Partnership in Lewiston, Idaho;
- Idaho Food Bank in Lewiston, Idaho;
- Asotin County Food Bank in Clarkston, Washington; and
- Lifeline Food Pantry in Orofino, Idaho.
“This makes me so proud of our Chapter and business model that we were able to do this,” Nixon said.
Have a question or comment about this story? Email us!