Strategic Link Partners Step up to Support Northwest Credit Unions
March 24, 2020
As the COVID-19 headlines continue to dominate the news, communities, businesses, and individuals are stepping up to help one another in times of need. Credit unions are a leader in this, as the “People Helping People” philosophy is in their DNA.
And as the situation continues to unfold, business partners are raising their hands to help credit unions, so that they may respond to their members’ unique needs in this time of hardship.
“Doing business during this crisis creates unique challenges for credit unions,” said Jason Smith, VP of Strategic Resources at the Northwest Credit Union Association. For this reason, Smith explains, Strategic Link partners are stepping up to offer creative solutions to help bridge the gap so credit unions can continue offering uninterrupted services to their members.
“Like those who are looking out for their fellow citizens, Strategic Link is proud to be working with partners who are looking out for our member credit unions during this unprecedented health crisis. Our partners know that credit unions are working diligently to ensure that their members are being served well during the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Smith.
Here are a few ways that Strategic Link partners are helping.
- Eltropy is here to help Northwest credit unions. The text messaging provider will waive the setup, implementation, and platform fees for the first three months of service, allowing credit unions to reach out to employees and members for only $.01 per text.
- Glia wants to ensure that all NWCUA member credit unions are prepared for any and all contingencies that may come about because of COVID-19. The company is offering to help credit unions by immediately and securely enabling employees to work from home through a variety of support applications. Further, the company is offering free testing, delayed payments, and free temporary use of their platform to ensure member service continuity.
- POPi/o wants to help credit unions support members during this difficult time by providing free access to its video-banking platform. The company has a limited number of free video seat licenses that credit unions can use to foster web-based video collaboration with members.
- Narmi works with NWCUA member credit unions through their digital account-opening platform to reduce abandonment rates, improve identity verification, and optimize user experience. The company is waiving all implementation fees for the next several months.
- IP Services is making resources available and escalating special COVID-19 requests for IT updates. The company is prioritizing credit unions’ needs for additional cybersecurity resources, particularly for secure remote access purposes.
- Marathon Partners Consulting is working with credit unions to stand up and optimize their call centers as they begin closing lobbies and grapple with high call volumes. The company’s Remote Member Engagement experts can advise credit unions on how to stay connected with their members in challenging times.
As the country continues to work through the COVID-19 issue, Strategic Link is ready to answer any questions from NWCUA credit unions about how its partners can assist. In the meantime, be sure to check the Strategic Link page for updates on this evolving situation.
For more information or to connect with a Strategic Link partner, contact VP of Strategic Resources, Jason Smith at 208.288.6794.