Upcoming August Council Meetings Offer Valuable Learning and Networking Opportunities
Compliance, Collectors’, and Lenders’ councils will focus on the latest regulations and best practices.
Three upcoming Northwest Credit Union Association councils in August will offer your credit union’s team an opportunity for professional development, networking, and a chance to hear from experts in lending, compliance, and collections.
Councils are hosted at NWCUA offices in Boise, Tigard, and SeaTac, but may also be attended online by calling in from your desk. Lunch is provided to those who attend at an NWCUA office location. All council meetings run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (PST), 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (MST).
Here’s what’s on tap for upcoming August councils:
- Discuss the Regulation E dispute process and hear updates on the new proposed regulations that have developed since the last council meeting in April.
- Examine the Spring Unified Agendas and some of the state legislation that passed that has implications for credit unions.
- Hear from Kelley Hodney, Associate with Farleigh Wada Witt and Samantha Beeler, NWCUA Vice President of Advocacy about the latest legal and advocacy updates impacting your credit union.
- Dive into the CFPB’s Debt Collection Practices proposed rule and what it means for first-party collectors. The proposal will have significant impacts on third-party collections.
- Hear from Farleigh Wada Witt shareholder Margot Seitz, who will discuss recent court cases and comment on several other collection topics.
- Learn about creating a collections culture of excellence from Bryan Moffitt and Steve Kreitlow, experts from CU Recovery. Empower your collectors to positively impact members and develop a communications strategy that drives improved delinquency outcomes.
- Hear about the ITIN lending program and its evolution over the past decade since credit unions first began implementing it. Explore proven outcomes in ITIN lending programs, steps to kick off and improve the program at your credit union, best practices samples, industry resources, and tools.
- Discuss loan promotions and growth strategies with fellow lending experts from across the Northwest.
Learn more about all of NWCUA’s councils online. Other councils include Risk Management, HR & Trainers, Marketing, Business Development, and Community Outreach, and Commercial Services.