Are You Ready to Take it to the MAXX?
July 9, 2019
MAXX—the name says it all.
It’s the premier credit union event in the Northwest, where we take the Credit Union Movement to the next level—together.
Each fall, hundreds of Northwest credit union professionals gather under one roof for the MAXX Annual Convention and Trade Show, where they hear from thought leaders and industry experts, learn about the latest in business solutions, engage in some friendly, competitive bidding to raise funds for Credit Unions for Kids, and applaud their peers’ achievements.
It’s fast-paced. It’s exciting. It’s the inspiring reminder of why we do what we do—propel the Credit Union Movement forward to better your members’ lives and their communities.
This year your Association will kick off MAXX 2019 on Oct. 15 in Spokane. The three-day Convention and Trade Show will be abuzz with reunions and new connections.
There will be motivating mainstage talks, deep-dive breakout sessions, a lot of hooting and hollering – and serious fundraising – at the Credit Unions for Kids Auction, and likely some tears of joy at the Awards Gala.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the keynote speakers that will inspire you and get your creative juices flowing:
- Byron Reese, award-winning futurist, speaker, and author, will explain how credit unions can remain forward-thinking in a constantly changing, high-tech world. Innovation is the key to survival in today’s global economy, and he’ll talk about how we can manage, respond to, and even thrive despite constant change.
- Ryan McCarty, internationally renowned speaker and co-founder of Culture of Good, Inc., will tap into our why, what, and Why we’re in the Credit Union Movement. What gets us up in the morning and drives us to make a difference. How credit unions can recruit and retain passionate talent that will lead the future of the movement.
- Rebecca Heiss, biologist and author, knows we all have blind spots as it relates to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We don’t know what we don’t know, and she’ll help us confront that. We’ll look at our internal programming and how we can rewire it to build better working environments through awareness.
What Brings You to MAXX?
At last year’s MAXX, held in Tacoma, credit union professionals were introduced to the Community Impact Reporting Tool, a host of high-tech business solutions, and had the opportunity to network with other industry professionals.
Old West Federal Credit Union President and CEO, Ken Olson, left MAXX feeling inspired and informed.
“We had another great MAXX experience,” Olson said. “We did things a little differently and had several mid-managers attend, and it was time and money well spent. I’m looking forward to implementation of the CIRT tool – we are at a crossroads in the Movement, and differentiation is as critical as it has ever been. I think the CIRT tool will be of critical importance as we move forward.”
Here’s what others had to say about MAXX 2018:
- “I would tell them it is worth their time from an education and networking standpoint. One of the best CU conferences in the country.”
- “Loved the tech-forward theme of the convention this year. Very relevant and timely for issues we are facing at our shop!”
- “I had some great conversations with companies from the Beta Space. I REALLY liked this feature of the exhibit hall.”
- “As a YP Lead, I’m most excited to bring the excitement and momentum of the CU Movement back to my credit union—not only current leaders of my CU, but to all employees. I want everyone as excited as I am to be a credit union advocate.”
MAXX 2019 will be held at the Spokane Convention Center. Register today and check the MAXX website frequently for updates. A list of Trade Show exhibitors may be found online here, which also is being updated regularly, so check back.
Editor’s Note: Look for stories in upcoming Anthem editions this month featuring a look at some of our top 2019 MAXX speakers, what’s on tap at the Trade Show, and more.
Posted in MAXX Annual Convention.