Northwest Credit Unions Sparkle on CUNA Diamond, Recognition Awards Red Carpet
Eleven Northwest credit unions were honored last week at the CUNA Marketing Business Development Council Conference
Last year was epic at Bellingham, Washington-based WECU. In addition to serving nearly 100,000 members, WECU launched a new website and online banking platform, went through a core conversion, and rebranded. It was the first rebrand in the credit union’s 82-year history. For leading his team through the successful changes, Chief Marketing Officer David Jones received the Marketing Professional of the Year Award during the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council Conference in Las Vegas last week.
“I’m truly humbled and honored to be selected as CUNA’s Marketing and Business Development Professional of the Year,” Jones said. “Like any distinction such as this, though, it’s a broader reflection of WECU’s collective commitment to the members and communities that we serve. It’s a reminder that I’m supported by a stellar marketing team, all of whom make my job easy day in and day out.”
The Marketing Professional of the Year honor was one of six Recognition Awards presented on the mainstage. Another credit union professional from the Northwest was recognized as the Council’s Volunteer of the Year.
Andrea Parrish, Digital Marketing Assistant Manager at Spokane-based STCU, was recognized for being a great resource to credit unions industry-wide. She is well known for social media leadership, and frequently volunteers to speak at conferences to share her knowledge. Parrish also answers question from other Council members who post to the community listserv.
Parrish is passionate about collaboration in the Credit Union Movement. In 2007, when she was finishing school and starting her career, she reached out to a credit union for financial counseling. Not only did the training help her, the encounter opened her eyes to credit unions, and she later joined STCU’s staff.
“I’m thankful that I’ve got a family that only occasionally questions my bananas schedule, a credit union and bosses past and new who got me into credit unions, and provide more support than I could ever ask for, and all the employees and volunteers with CUNA that keep this community going strong,” Parrish said.
The Council received more than 1,000 entries for the prestigious Diamond Marketing Awards, and judges selected 313 winners in 36 categories.
Credit unions from Idaho, Oregon, and Washington took home plenty of “bling.” Winners include:
- First Tech Federal Credit Union – Brand Awareness and Video Series categories
- Global Credit Union – Ongoing Event category
- Horizon Credit Union – Digital Advertising and One Time Event categories
- ISU Credit Union – Diamond in the Rough & Internal Marketing/Incentive Campaign categories
- iQ Credit Union – Complete Campaign category
- Mountain America Credit Union – Video-:30 seconds or less category
- NW Preferred Federal Credit Union – Website category
- OnPoint Community Credit Union – Annual Reports, Outdoor, and Radio categories
- STCU – Complete Campaign, Membership Marketing, and Outdoor categories
- Wauna Credit Union – Video (Non-Commercial) category
- WECU – New Brand, New Logo (Won Category’s Best) and Re-Brand/New Corporate Identity categories
All winning entries may be found online. Congratulations to all our Northwest credit union winners!