Two Northwest Micro-Communities Vote to Officially Merge in 2019
YCUP Seattle shares board election results.
Change is in the air for the Seattle Young Credit Union Professionals group. In planning for 2019, the chapter updated its focus, putting further emphasis on developing quality programming and increasing impact for members in the new year.
It will emphasize fundraising and offer more professional development opportunities. To stay informed of news and events, members are encouraged to join the chapter’s mailing list or add themselves to YCUP Seattle Facebook and LinkedIn groups.
The chapter also announced new board members for 2019:
President – Ronna Idzenga, Harborstone Credit Union
Vice President – Morgan Cole, Inspirus Credit Union
Vice President – Position Available
Treasurer – Tammy Anderson, Verity Credit Union
Secretary – Sarah Vanzuyt, Harborstone Credit Union
Events Committee Chair – Rebecca Robinson, Sound Credit Union
Communications Committee Chair – Nicole Williams, Sound Credit Union
For more information about YCUP Seattle or to get involved, contact Ronna Idzenga at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two Oregon Chapters Set to Merge in 2019
The Mt. Hood Chapter of Credit Unions and the Northwest Chapter of Credit Unions unanimously approved a merger between the two organizations, effective January 2019. Until further notice, the newly combined chapter will operate as the Mt. Hood Chapter of Credit Unions.
With 14 available seats, the new chapter board will allow for greater representation of the credit unions within the northwest Oregon region. By leveraging resources, the new organization expects to host larger, more impactful events with dynamic and engaging speakers.
Beginning in January 2019, Sarah Buck, training coordinator for USAgencies Credit Union, will serve as Chapter President. Board members include a combination of returning board members from both chapters and three new recruits:
- Mark Gonzalez – Providence Federal Credit Union
- Mary Vasquez – Point West Credit Union
- Amber Hollingsworth – Advantis Credit Union
- Ruben Allen – First Tech Federal Credit Union
- Brooke Kollie – NW Preferred Federal Credit Union
- Randy Goshow – St. Helens (InRoads) Community Credit Union
- Brandi Sweetman – Rivermark Community Credit Union
- Michelle Stanfield – Consolidated Community Credit Union
- Michael Hansen – Unitus Community Credit Union
- Isabel Lara – OnPoint Community Credit Union, new member
- Joshua Olson – Advantis Credit Union, new member
- Tina Ewing – Trailhead Credit Union, new member
For more information about the Mt. Hood Chapter of Credit Unions or to get involved, contact Sarah Buck at email@example.com.
To learn more about regional Micro-Communities, contact Northwest Credit Union Association Director, Cooperative Development, Carmen Vigil.
Editor’s note: Since the original publication of this story, the Hops for Hope fundraising event has been canceled. More information, including how to get a refund on tickets, is available here.