NWCUA Committee and Task Force Nominations Due Nov. 9
Contribute your expertise to help further the success of Northwest credit unions.
Nominations for the Northwest Credit Union Association’s committees and task forces are due by Nov. 9, and credit union professionals are encouraged to participate to become vital collaborators.
If you’re interested in serving on a committee next year, or if you know someone who would make a great candidate, click here to submit a nomination today.
For those who have served on a committee or task force in the past, they must still put forward a recommendation for the 2019 NWCUA committees.
NWCUA Committees and Task Forces Include:
- Advocacy Sub-committee:This committee is responsible for developing and training advocacy leaders within the credit union industry, and for setting fundraising goals and assisting in fundraising events on behalf of state PACs and CUNA’s CULAC. For more information about this committee, contact Samantha Beeler, AVP, Advocacy.
- Awards Committee: This committee heads the overall administration and judging of the annual awards program, which is designed to connect and honor excellence in the Northwest credit union community. For more information, contact Christine Ruzzi, Director, Member Resources.
- Defense Fund Oversight Sub-committee: Maintaining a strong defense fund is critical to the Credit Union Movement. This sub-committee is responsible for providing oversight to the defense fund expenditures. For more information, contact Jennifer Wagner, Chief Advocacy Officer.
- Idaho, Oregon, and Washington Governmental Affairs Committees:Each state’s Governmental Affairs Committee assists the Association in an advisory capacity by providing guidance on federal and state legislative and regulatory issues, and by developing policy recommendations to present to the ICUL and NWCUA boards. Contact Ryan Fitzgerald for Idaho information and Jennifer Wagner for Oregon and Washington information.
- Regulatory Advisory Sub-committee: Members of this subcommittee partner with regulatory agencies to develop responsible rules and regulations. They also gather feedback from member credit unions, which informs the Association’s regulatory priorities. For more information, contact John Trull, AVP, Regulatory Advocacy.
- Strategic Market Share Task Force: This task force works with Association staff to help Northwest credit unions discover market share growth opportunities. For more information, contact Lynn Heider, Vice President, Public Relations.
- Value Creation Task Force: Members of this task force connect Northwest credit unions to fintech opportunities by examining emerging trends, gathering ideas, piloting small-batch beta tests, providing feedback, and helping NWCUA staff determine win-win opportunities that benefit consumers, credit unions, partners, and the Association. For more information, contact Jason Smith, Vice President, Strategic Resources.
Your Association values the guidance of all credit union professionals who participate on our committees and task forces. Please help us serve Northwest credit unions better by submitting your nomination today.
The full roster of 2019 committee appointments will be announced before year end. Current 2018 committee members will continue to serve in their respective committees until Dec. 31.
For more information about committee nominations, contact Christine Ruzzi, Director, Member Resources.