New YP Leads Cohort Announced and Headed to MAXX 2018
Each YP Lead gets a ‘full ride’ to MAXX, where they’ll learn, network, and work behind the scenes.
A new cohort of 18 Young Professionals was chosen last week – six from each state – Idaho, Oregon, and Washington.
The Young Professional Leads (YP Leads) hail from all across the Northwest and have many different roles within the credit union industry. There were 44 applicants this year. A judging committee, made up of regional YP group leaders, chose this year’s YP Leads via an involved and thoughtful process.
This year’s YP Leads will have opportunities to connect and build community amongst themselves before attending the Northwest Credit Union Association’s (NWCUA) annual conference, MAXX 2018, to be held this year in Tacoma, Wash., Oct. 16-18.
The YP Leads program was launched in 2017 with the first cohort. More than half of those have gone on to receive a promotion at their credit union or become leaders in their local YP groups or chapters, noted Carmen Vigil, NWCUA Director, Cooperative Momentum. The program is open to anyone who works for a NWCUA member credit union and self-identifies as a young professional.
Introducing the 2018 YP Leads:
- Kristen Benjamin, Member Representative, Desert Sage Credit Union
- Rachel Lane, Loan Officer, Clarity Credit Union
- Crystal Lawrence, Operations Officer, Beehive Federal Credit Union
- Matthew Rice, Director of eServices, East Idaho Credit Union
- Matraca Roose, Call Center Lead, Pioneer Federal Credit Union
- Amy Rovig, Director of Marketing, Icon Credit Union
- Anjolyna Guerrero, Member Solutions Counselor II, Rogue Credit Union
- Isabel Lara, Branch Service Specialist, OnPoint Community Credit Union
- Jeff Mosser, Consumer Lending Manager, Consolidated Community Credit Union
- Annette Pixley, Marketing Specialist, St. Helens Credit Union
- Brooke Rane, Community Relations Specialist, Oregon Community Credit Union
- Brittney Schweizer-Wylie, Project Manager, Rogue Credit Union
- Crystal Contreras, Communications Director, HAPO Credit Union
- Tawney Edgmond, Collector III, HAPO Credit Union
- Laura Fenter, Financial Services Representative, Numerica Credit Union
- Glenn McMahon, Investment Assistant, Verity Credit Union
- Katie Powers, Corporate Education Manager, Fibre Federal Credit Union
- Rebecca Robinson, Branch Manager-Federal Way, Sound Credit Union
Here’s what a few of the new YP Leads had to say about being chosen:
“I am so honored to be able to be part of the YP Leads program and can’t wait to network with other credit union professionals to help get the word out about how amazing credit unions are. I have been in the industry for quite some time, but feel like I still have so much room to grow. Having the opportunity to learn and be mentored from the YP Champions will truly be invaluable. I’m so excited for this!” – Katie Powers, Fibre Credit Union
“I’m so excited to be representing St. Helens Community and joining MAXX as a YP Lead. This is my chance to delve even deeper into the credit union world and earn a greater understanding of how I can strengthen the Credit Union Movement. YP Leads is an amazing opportunity to network with credit union leaders and absorb their knowledge and excitement for the future of credit unions. I hope to come away inspired to share what I learn.” – Annette Pixley, St. Helens Credit Union
“I’m very excited for the opportunity to represent Idaho and my credit union as a YP Lead. I love the passion and energy that comes from YP events and I’m excited to throw gas on the fire and keep the #CUObsessed fire blazing. I can’t wait to work with the other 17 YP Leads over the next year to push the Credit Union Movement forward.” – Matthew Rice, East Idaho Credit Union
Here’s what a few credit union CEOs had to say about their new YP Leads:
“Tawney Edgemond is an exceptional employee with a positive attitude and deep desire to serve her members and her team. She was one of the first in the credit union to receive her CCUF certification to help better serve her members and has a passion for teaching financial wellness.” – HAPO President/CEO Steve Anderson
“Crystal Contreras serves on many boards and committees that support the communities in which we serve and live in. She is an ambassador and a champion for the credit union. She has a passion for helping others, donating her time selflessly, and has a unique ability to build relationships with those she comes in contact with.” – HAPO President/CEO Steve Anderson
“Our senior management team at Consolidated Community Credit Union is so excited that Jeff Mosser will be joining us at MAXX through the YP Lead scholarship program. It is the preeminent credit union event of the year and always a great venue for learning and sharing ideas. Jeff is a central figure in the future leadership of Consolidated Community Credit Union, so I am excited for him to take in the MAXX experience with other YP Leads. The NWCUA is making a great investment in these future credit union leaders.” – Consolidated Community Credit Union President/CEO Larry Ellifritz
“Rachel Lane is charismatic, engaged, and has a contagious laugh. She shows sincerity in her actions and a consistent willingness to try new things. Rachel has a passion for helping people and has also sparked a passion for the Credit Union Movement. We are lucky to have her authenticity representing Clarity!” – Clarity Credit Union President/CEO Wendy Edwards
Be sure to look for this year’s YP Leads at MAXX 2018 and beyond – when they will return back to their credit unions and communities to continue growing the Young Professional Network in the Northwest.