Next Round of Council Meetings Kicks off Aug. 21 with Compliance
July 31, 2018
The Northwest Credit Union Association will soon be hosting the latest installment of its council meetings, where Association members have the opportunity to learn and network with other credit union professionals.
“Our council meetings are solution oriented – by coming together with other credit unions, council members can find answers to their everyday problems and challenges,” said Carmen Vigil, Director of Corporate Momentum. “The council network continues to grow, bringing in new perspectives, ideas, and inspiration from outside speakers and business partners.”
Each council meets via video conference, and a networking lunch serves as an intermission to the discussions, allowing attendees an opportunity to talk best practices and learn from one another. Council team focuses on specific, important issues that credit unions face on a day-to-day basis. Meetings include outside guest expert speakers.
Compliance Council (Next meeting Aug. 21)
- Hear from Association staff and our partners at Farleigh Wada Witt on regulatory and legislative updates.
- Review the Compliance Resources available to you and receive an update on the most recent compliance changes.
- Benefit from the collective knowledge of compliance peers and learn best practices.
Marketing, Business Development, and Community Outreach Council (Next meeting Aug. 22)
- Douglas Kiker, Chief Strategic Communications Officer for the Credit Union National Association (CUNA), will present a credit union messaging guide and a boot camp to help your team with implementation.
- Sharee Adkins, AVP and Managing Director, Northwest Credit Union Foundation, will talk about the Community Impact Reporting Tool – customized software your team will soon have to collect data and use to tell the credit union story. It’s the session your community outreach team won’t want to miss.
- Business Development Round Robin: What has Worked in Your Credit Union? Share your success stories with your Northwest colleagues.
Collectors’ Council (Next meeting Aug. 28)
- Jason Mortenson, VP of Client Relations at SWBC, will discuss consumer credit collections and the various components that go into developing effective collections strategies — including people, processes, and technologies.
- Michelle Bertolino, Shareholder with Farleigh Wada Witt, will provide a legal update on collections hot topics.
- Share challenges, successes, and trends with collection and recovery peers.
Lender’s Council (Next meeting Sept. 13)
- Find out how technology and fintech partners help your credit union with loan acquisition and retention.
- Stay current on issues affecting the lending industry with access to a wide variety of information and networking.
- Look ahead at what’s on the horizon for Northwest credit unions’ lending needs.
“We are excited for our upcoming session of meetings, which will include informative sessions on a wide range of topics as well as time for attendees to grow their network and learn directly from their peers,” Vigil said.
While Association members may purchase an individual seat to any council meeting, if your credit union’s team is planning to attend multiple council meetings, a membership provides the most value. The following membership options are available:
- Send an unlimited number of staff members to attend all the council meetings within one discipline.
Power User Membership
- Send your team to multiple disciplines. The number of team members is unlimited, and they may attend all council meetings.
To find out more about Council membership options and fees, and to view the full list of 2018 sessions, dates, and locations, click here. Information about the 2019 membership options and meeting dates will be available this fall.
Questions about the Council program? Contact Carmen Vigil, NWCUA’s Director, Cooperative Momentum, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted in Councils.