Member News: Appointments
January 16, 2018
Mid Oregon CEO Appointed to Deschutes County Budget Committee
Deschutes County commissioners have appointed Mid Oregon Credit Union CEO Bill Anderson to serve on the county’s budget committee, giving credit unions a voice at the table.
Anderson has served as CEO of Mid Oregon Credit Union since 1990, and has overseen the growth of the institution from 10 employees, $19 million in assets, and 6,000 members to a full-service, seven-branch financial cooperative with more than 100 employees, nearly $300 million in assets, and more than 29,000 members.
A resident of Bend, OR, Anderson will serve as one of three citizen members appointed to the Budget Committee. The committee includes the Board of County Commissioners, and is charged with reviewing the County’s proposed budget and recommending the final version for adoption.
“I am very honored to be chosen to serve on this committee,” Anderson said. “I have made my home in Deschutes County for more than 25 years, so I am eager to play a role in helping ensure its long-term financial stability.”
He will serve the remainder on an existing term through Dec. 31, 2018, with the opportunity for reappointment to a subsequent term.
Four New Members Elected to National Credit Union Foundation Board
At its December meeting, the National Credit Union Foundation board of directors elected four new members: Robert Cashman, President/CEO at Metro Credit Union.; Timothy Kovac, Vice President & Associate General Counsel, Business Compliance & Regulatory Leader for Legal Operations at CUNA Mutual Group; Samantha Paxson, EVP & Chief Marketing and Experience Officer at CO-OP Financial Services; and Brett Thompson, President/CEO at the Wisconsin Credit Union League to the Foundation board.[table “90” not found /]
Also, at the board meeting, the following members were re-elected:
- Bill Cheney, President and CEO of SchoolsFirst FCU;
- David Mooney, President and CEO of Alliant Credit Union; and
- John Sackett, Board Treasurer at Royal Credit Union.
The members of the Foundation board also include:
- Jim Nussle, President/CEO of the Credit Union National Association (President);
- Angela McCathran, President/CEO of People’s Trust Federal Credit Union (Chair);
- Pat Wesenberg, President/CEO of Simplicity Credit Union (Vice Chair);
- Kathy Garner, President/CEO of Catalyst Corporate FCU (Treasurer);
- Courtney Moran, Executive Director of the Cornerstone Credit Union Foundation (Secretary);
- Teresa Halleck, President/CEO at San Diego County Credit Union.;
- Larry Middleman, President/CEO of CU Business Group, LLC in Portland, Ore.;
- Winona Nava, President/CEO of Guadalupe Credit Union;
- Jeff York, President/CEO of CoastHills Credit Union;
- Carlyn Roy, President/CEO of TAPCO CU in Fircrest, Wash.; and
- Howard Spencer, Board Member at Northland Area FCU.
Posted in Around the NW.