2018 NWCUA Committees Finalized
Credit union leaders across Idaho, Oregon, and Washington will come together to advance the Northwest Credit Union Movement.
Your Association values the guidance of all credit union professionals who participate on our committees and task forces. By working with the NWCUA’s staff, these leaders help us build upon our efforts to improve the operating environment and expand opportunities for Northwest credit unions.
The 2018 nomination period has closed, and we’re thrilled to announce the new committee and task force members.
Thank you to all of the outstanding CU professionals who have committed to contributing their voices to one of these groups this year. Your collaborative spirit will help us advance the Northwest Credit Union Movement, and work toward our goal to achieve 75 percent market share by 2025.
Click here to see the full list of new members of our 2018 Committees and Task Forces.
The 2018 committees include:
- Advocacy Committee: This committee is responsible for developing and training advocacy leaders within the credit union industry, and for setting fundraising goals and assisting in fundraising events on behalf of state PACs and CUNA’s CULAC. For more information about this committee, contact Samantha Beeler, AVP, Advocacy.
- Awards Committee: This committee heads the overall administration and judging of the annual awards program, which is designed to connect and honor excellence in the Northwest credit union community. For more information, contact Christine Ruzzi, Director, Member Resources.
- Defense Fund Oversight Subcommittee: Maintaining a strong defense fund is critical to the Credit Union Movement. This sub-committee is responsible for providing oversight to the defense fund expenditures. For more information, contact Jennifer Wagner, Chief Advocacy Officer.
- Idaho, Oregon, and Washington Governmental Affairs Committees: Each state’s Governmental Affairs Committee assists the Association in an advisory capacity by providing guidance on federal and state legislative and regulatory issues, and by developing policy recommendations to present to the ICUL and NWCUA boards. Contact Ryan Fitzgerald for Idaho information, Jennifer Wagner for Oregon information, or Paula Sardinas for Washington information.
- Regulatory Advisory Subcommittee: Members of this subcommittee partner with regulatory agencies to develop responsible rules and regulations. They also gather feedback from member credit unions, which informs the Association’s regulatory priorities. For more information, contact John Trull, AVP, Regulatory Advocacy.
- Strategic Market Share Task Force: This task force works with Association staff to help Northwest credit unions discover market share growth opportunities. For more information, contact Lynn Heider, Vice President, Public Relations.
- Value Creation Task Force: Members of this task force connect Northwest credit unions to fin-tech opportunities by examining emerging trends, gathering ideas, piloting small-batch beta tests, providing feedback, and helping NWCUA staff determine win-win opportunities that benefit consumers, credit unions, partners, and the Association. For more information, contact Jason Smith, Vice President, Strategic Resources.
For more information about the NWCUA’s committees, contact Christine Ruzzi, Director, Member Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.