2018 Emerging Leaders Program
About the 2018 Emerging Leaders Program
Dates & Details
Date: March 21, 2018 • 9:00 a.m. – March 23, 2018 • 12:00 p.m.
Date: June 25, 2018 • 9:00 a.m. – June 27, 2018 • 12:00 p.m.
Date: September 19, 2018 • 9:00 a.m. – September 21, 2018 • 12:00 p.m.
Location: Spokane, Washington
Early Bird Price: $3095 for one individual if registered prior to 12/31/17.
Special Pricing: 10% for registering more than one individual from your credit union for this program (please contact Holly Miller to create this registration.) Additional early bird discount does not apply.
Whether you are already leading a team, or have just begun to feel the spark of a higher role, the Emerging Leaders Training Program will give you the tools to cultivate your leadership presence and navigate challenges and successes.
What Previous Emerging Leaders Say:
“The ELP is a great program if you’re looking to stretch yourself to get to the next step in your career. Immediately following the ELP I received a promotion. I attribute that in part, to the skills I learned during the program.” 2017 ELP Graduate
“Growth is a choice and a mindset; anyone who craves personal and/or professional growth would be fortunate to attend the program. Emerging Leaders allows you the tools and resources to strengthen your leadership voice and presence, but the practice that comes after is the best reward.” 2017 ELP Graduate
“A great program for anyone who is serious about advancing in their career and unlocking their true potential. The program allows you to truly get in touch with you personally and professionally and then give you the best tools with which to operate successfully.” 2017 ELP Graduate
“The program offers a lot of really valuable tools and lessons that I don’t think I would have ever learned anywhere else.” 2017 ELP Graduate
“I feel better equipped to be a leader than ever before.” 2017 ELP Graduate
“It was life changing!” 2017 ELP Graduate
“This has been the best, most interesting and intense experience in my professional life!” 2016 ELP Graduate
The award-winning Emerging Leader Program (ELP) provides the framework for the next generation of senior leaders to gain the necessary skills to coordinate and execute strategies and tactics for your organization. Participants are provided an opportunity to learn, practice, and shift their perspectives inside of an intense learning environment. The program includes nine days of face-to-face training, with executive-level coaching and mentoring in between sessions. Participants will be guided through a process to develop and implement a project that is intimately linked to their respective organization’s strategic plan. Training will focus on strategic visioning, delivering concentrated and direct assessments, coordination and accountability models, and the power of a well-grounded leadership presence.
Developing the next layer of talent to lead the organization is critical to the long-term success of any company. Having a strong support system of leaders to motivate, guide, and communicate in a complex environment will be an organizational and cultural differentiator.
The Emerging Leader Program provides the skills and leadership development necessary to tap and support that emerging leadership potential. Space is limited to 20 participants!
Strategic leadership skills, effective assessment and feedback processes, leadership models, language, and executive presence.
High-level training from top presenters, teachers, and coaches. The participants are guided through project work and four executive coaching sessions. During the final session, each participant designs and presents an organization or community leadership project that showcases the impact of their newly acquired leadership skills and practices.
Sustainable leadership practices, new thinking and innovative solutions. As an emerging leader the participants development will benefit both their organizations and their own professional growth through collaborative learning with industry peers and highly certified, International Coach Federation-credentialed coaches.
Skills You Will Enhance
- Transformative Change: The theory of transformative change and its practical application within an organization.
- Strategic Leadership Development: How vision and design are correlated with the implementation of strategic goals.
- Cultivating an Executive Presence: How to appear authentic and “on purpose” to others by leveraging language and attitude as leadership tools.
- Applied Executive Communication: How to unlock the potential of listening to diverse perspectives as bring a team together to take effective action.
- People Helping People: A new level of depth and commitment to supporting and evolving future leaders.
- Measuring Success: Applying the learning into a tangible and relevant strategic impact with quantitative and qualitative ROI.
Top Five Reasons To Attend
- Increase productivity and leadership effectiveness at your credit union.
- Learn to develop new strategies to address today’s challenges.
- Cultivate sustainable leadership practices and learn to take effective action inside and outside your credit union.
- Build strong, lifelong professional relationships with peers from other credit unions.
- Receive national-quality training from top-tier presenters at a convenient location and an affordable price.
2018 Emerging Leaders Contest
Strategic Link is Sending One Emerging Leader to the Program Tuition-Free
Strategic Link is proud to sponsor the 2018 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest, which will award one candidate a tuition-free registration to the 2018 Emerging Leaders Program. Strategic Link creates value at all levels of the Northwest credit union ecosystem, and is committed to helping credit unions develop their talent.
Details and qualifications for participation in this promotion may apply. For more information, read the official rules.
About The 2018 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest
Contest Deadline: January 25, 2018.
Nominations are open through January 25, 2018 for any credit union employee who is on the rise and has leadership aspirations. The winner will be able to attend the 2018 Emerging Leaders Program tuition-free!
If you think you fit the bill, and would like to nominate yourself, fill out this form and complete the contest entry by not later than midnight on January 25, 2018.
If you will like to nominate one of your peers please do so by not later than January 10, 2018 by filling out our application form here. Once your peer nomination has been received the person will be notified of the need to complete their submission no later than midnight on January 25, 2018.
- Self Nominations: Now through January 25, 2018. Nominations are open for any credit union employee who is on the rise and dreams of moving up into a leadership position. We are looking for passionate individuals who would benefit from the Emerging Leaders Program. Please click on this link for a Self Nomination Form once you have read the contest details below.
- Peer Nominations: Now through – January 10, 2018.You can nominate a co-worker, employee, boss, or peer from within the credit union space, We are looking for passionate individuals who would benefit from the Emerging Leaders Program. Please click on this link for a Peer Nomination Form.
- Nominees are asked to write a 500-700 word submission describing their desire to attend the 2018 Emerging Leaders Program and how their attending will impact both them and their credit union. Nominees must also submit a one to two minute YouTube video. The video content should include information about their role at their credit union, any relevant professional accomplishments, and a pitch as to what sets them apart as a 2018 Emerging Leader. The written submission and video must be submitted to Holly Miller by midnight on January 25, 2018 to be considered for the contest. No reminders for material submissions will be sent. Please note that if you are nominated by your peers, we will contact you to give you the opportunity to accept the nomination and create an application if you so choose. Only those who accept their nomination will move onto the next round.
- Three finalists selected: February 2, 2018.
- Finalists will be invited to complete a short phone interview with the Northwest Credit Union Association judges on February 12 and 13.
- Northwest Credit Union Association judges will evaluate and score each nomination based on their submission materials, phone interview responses, reason for wanting to attend the Emerging Leaders Program, as well as the benefit of the program to the applicant’s career and credit union.
- Winner announced: February 19, 2018.
The Winner of the 2018 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest Will be Called Upon To:
- Attend the Emerging Leaders Program. Tuition will be paid, but the winner will need to secure their own lodging and transportation. The Emerging Leaders Program will be held in Spokane, Washington.
- Work with the NWCUA’s Anthem Editor to contribute five articles—one per week of class and two others before or after the course begins—to be used at the Association’s discretion.
- Provide “live tweeting” during each week of class, contributing at least 2 Twitter messages per week of class.
- Present their Emerging Leaders project at the NWCUA’s 2018 MAXX Convention in Tacoma, Washington.
- Follow-up with NWCUA’s Community Manager, Carmen Vigil, and their assigned DDJ Myers Coach by November 2, 2018, to share how their experience with the Emerging Leaders Program has affected their career and their credit union.
To request the name of the Strategic Link 2018 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest winner, please send your request to Holly Miller.
Week 1: Wednesday, March 21 through Friday, March 23, 2018
Week 2: Monday, June 25 through Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Week 3: Wednesday, September 19 through Friday, September 21, 2018
Project Presentation during a Break Out Session at the MAXX 2018 Convention in Tacoma, Washington.
Tuition: $3,195 per person. A 10% discount will be applied to each additional attendee from the same credit union.
Registration Deadline: March 7, 2018
Event Location and Accommodations
Horizon Credit Union
13224 E. Mansfield Avenue
Spokane Valley, WA 99213
About the Trainers
The Northwest Credit Union Association has lined up national-quality speakers to present the Emerging Leaders Training Program.
DDJ Myers Advancing Leadership Institute
Peter Myers is a leadership coach for CEOs, boards, teams, managers and emerging leaders. On a daily basis, Peter facilitates professional development programs for executives and management teams, succession planning processes for boards and CEOs, as well as strategic planning engagements for credit unions nationwide. Weaving together strategy development, critical thinking, employee engagement to bridge the talent and execution gap is his specialty. Peter works with teams and boards to unlock and leverage their organizational, team, and individual potential. Peter also co-leads the CEO readiness and talent development program for credit union executives pursuing their next level of career potential and has been a teacher in the award winning NWCUA/DDJ Myers Emerging Leaders Program since its inception in 2012.
DDJ Myers Advancing Leadership Institute
As a performance coach, trainer, and facilitator Tim is an engaging and dynamic presence committed to developing high-capacity teams and individuals. His unique approach to leadership is informed by his experience in competitive athletics, current advances in neuropsychology and over 30 years of training and teaching traditional Japanese martial arts.
In addition to teaching in the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) and leading the “C” Yourself executive leadership program, Tim works with executives and their teams in the fields of finance, law, healthcare, and business. Outside of the coaching arena, the drive toward excellence has led Tim to three world championships with the International Karate Association.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cancellations must be received, in writing, by the NWCUA no later than March 7, 2018 to receive a full refund. Cancellations submitted in writing, by the participant, by not later than March 20, 2018 will result in a pro-rated refund of 50% of registration fee.
Please note: registration will close at 11:59 p.m. on March 20, 2018.