Call for Nominations: Apply by Nov. 20 to Serve on NWCUA’s 2018 Committees
Learn where your voice is needed, and how serving on a committee can help advance your credit union and the Northwest Credit Union Movement.
Members of your Association’s committees and task forces are some of our most vital collaborators, working with NWCUA staff to improve the operating environment and increase opportunities for Northwest credit unions. Contributing your voice to one of our committees is one important way you can advance your credit union and the Credit Union Movement.
If you’re interested in serving on a committee next year, or if you know someone who would make a great candidate, the 2018 committee nomination period is open through Nov. 20, 2017. Click here to submit your nomination today.
“Serving on an NWCUA committee has been an incredible way to serve and support the Credit Union Movement and its members throughout the Northwest,” said Deborah Mersino, Chief Marketing Officer for Oregon Community Credit Union. Mersino has served on the Strategic Market Task Force for two years.
“It’s also afforded me the opportunity to meet, engage, and collaborate with incredible leaders from other credit unions, who have helped me grow and learn,” Mersino said.
Read on to learn more about the committees credit union leaders in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington are invited to serve.
- Advocacy Committee: This committee is responsible for developing and training advocacy leaders within the credit union industry, and for setting fundraising goals and assisting in fundraising events on behalf of state PACs and CUNA’s CULAC. For more information about this committee, contact Samantha Beeler, AVP, Advocacy.
- Awards Committee: This committee heads the overall administration and judging of the annual awards program, which is designed to connect and honor excellence in the Northwest credit union community. For more information, contact Christine Ruzzi, Director, Member Resources.
- Defense Fund Oversight Subcommittee: Maintaining a strong defense fund is critical to the Credit Union Movement. This sub-committee is responsible for providing oversight to the defense fund expenditures. For more information, contact Jennifer Wagner, Chief Advocacy Officer.
- Idaho, Oregon, and Washington Governmental Affairs Committees: Each state’s Governmental Affairs Committee assists the Association in an advisory capacity by providing guidance on federal and state legislative and regulatory issues, and by developing policy recommendations to present to the ICUL and NWCUA boards. Contact Ryan Fitzgerald for Idaho information, Jennifer Wagner for Oregon information, or Paula Sardinas for Washington information.
- Regulatory Advisory Subcommittee: Members of this subcommittee partner with regulatory agencies to develop responsible rules and regulations. They also gather feedback from member credit unions, which informs the Association’s regulatory priorities. For more information, contact John Trull, AVP, Regulatory Advocacy.
- Strategic Market Share Task Force: This task force works with Association staff to help Northwest credit unions discover market share growth opportunities. For more information, contact Lynn Heider, Vice President, Public Relations.
- Value Creation Task Force: Members of this task force connect Northwest credit unions to fin-tech opportunities by examining emerging trends, gathering ideas, piloting small-batch beta tests, providing feedback, and helping NWCUA staff determine win-win opportunities that benefit consumers, credit unions, partners, and the Association. For more information, contact Jason Smith, Vice President, Strategic Resources.
Your Association values the guidance of all credit union professionals who participate on our committees and task forces. Please help us serve Northwest credit unions better by submitting your nomination today.
For more information about committee nominations, contact Christine Ruzzi, Director, Member Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.